Chapter 29 - Christmas Eve Part 1

It is now the middle of the night, and Lori wakes up with a yelp, after having a nightmare where bad people came and killed Kara, just like they killed her daddy. It is a nightmare that Lori has had multiple times since Kara originally fostered her, and it makes Lori scared every single time.

"Lori, are you okay, honey?" Eliza says, entering the bedroom.

"Eliza?" Lori says, confused.

"Yes, honey, it's me." Eliza says, with a glass of water in one of her hands, as she approaches Lori's bed, "Did you have a bad dream or something?"

"Yeah." Lori nods, with a distressed look on her face, "I want mommy."

"Well, mommy is asleep now." Eliza says, "But I'm awake, as I was just getting up to get myself a glass of water. So, how about you come with me, and we can sleep together? I have a big bed that has a lot of space."

Lori looks at Eliza, biting her lip for a moment, before she finally nods her head.

"Okay." Lori says.

"Good." Eliza smiles, "Now, I would carry you, but I have this glass of water in my hand, and I don't want to spill it. So, can you walk with me? I'll hold your hand if you want?"

Lori nods her head again, and gets out of the bed, and takes Eliza's offered hand. The two then walk out of Alex and Kara's old room, and down the hallway into Eliza's room.

"Here we are." Eliza smiles, "Come on, get on up."

Lori proceeds to crawl onto the bed, with Eliza getting under the covers, and placing her glass of water on the bedside table. The two then lay next to one another.

"Goodnight, Lori." Eliza says, as she turns off her bedside light.

"Night, night." Lori replies.

Lori and Eliza then lay there for a little while, both trying to go to sleep.

"Grandma?" Lori eventually whispers.

"Yes, honey?" Eliza replies.

"Can I cuddle with you? I'm still scared." Lori says.

"Of course you can; come here." Eliza says.

Lori then quickly moves over towards Eliza, and settles into the Danvers matriarch's embrace, feeling much more at ease with some form of physical contact.

"There we go. That better?" Eliza asks.

"Yeah." Lori replies.

"Good." Eliza says, as she kisses Lori on the top of her head, "You go to sleep now."

"Okay." Lori nods.

Eliza and Lori then both close their eyes and fall asleep.

A few hours later, at around 4 in the morning, Lena wakes up needing to go to the bathroom. Usually Lena doesn't need to get up in the night to pee or anything, but due to the nice dinner she had with Kara, Lori and Eliza, she had much more to drink than usual, both water, and some wine. Therefore, right now Lena's bladder is really telling her she needs to go. So, Lena carefully makes her way out of Kara's embrace, not wanting to wake her kryptonian girlfriend, and then gets out of the bed, and quietly leaves the bedroom.

A few minutes later, Lena is walking back out of the bathroom, along the corridor, and as she does, she decides to poke her head into Kara and Alex's old room to check on Lori. However, as Lena does this, she doesn't see Lori inside.

"Lori?" Lena calls out, as she walks further into the room.

Lena then begins to quickly search the whole room not finding Lori at all. After she does this, she quickly runs downstairs, and searches everywhere down there, thinking Lori might have gone downstairs to get some water or something, but Lena doesn't find Lori there either.