2:ONE

▪︎

▪︎

Vienna Silva disliked Andreas of Eraklyon. 

Scratch that. She despised him.

She couldn't think of anything worse than training under the new regime that the man had come up with for the specialists, and she wasn't the only one that hated it.

Day after day students wound up in the treatment room, with Andreas insisting that students must draw blood in sparring sessions to prove their worth, and the girl wasn't sure when drawn blood would turn into broken bones. 

"Fucking idiot," Vienna muttered as she swung and let go of her throwing knife, watching as it sunk itself into the middle of the target with a thud. 

"I wish my aim was as good as yours with a knife," Bex spoke from beside Vienna. "Do you have any tips for me?"

"Well," Vienna sighed, pulling out more of her knives from her straps. "It's not that difficult to hit a bullseye when you imagine the target as Rosalind or Andreas." 

The girl threw two knives this time, with both embedding themselves tightly within the bullseye along with the previously thrown knife. 

"Sounds like solid advice to me to be fair," Bex mused. 

Vienna's ears perked at the sound of Andreas calling out Dane and Sky's names. Her eyes drifted towards the elevated fighting platform, watching as the two boys made their way onto the mat. 

"First to draw blood."

The girl rolled her eyes as she watched, noticing how Sky faltered slightly.

"What?" Andreas prodded. "Worried about staining your new outfit? Maybe home economics is more your speed?"

"Come on, let's just do it," Dane pushed. "We're not gonna hurt each other." 

The two boys spent several seconds circling each other in concentration, before Dane made the first move. 

Vienna wasn't sure whether Sky would win this match. It was obvious that the blonde boy was indeed a much better fighter than Dane, but he wasn't one to needlessly draw the blood of a fellow student for the sake of training. 

They continued to clash for several minutes, but unfortunately for Sky, he faltered at the final moment, unwilling to use his blade to harm.

Dane took this moment to swing his arm forward, successfully swiping the blade across Sky's torso and creating a large gash, staining his shirt in crimson red.