WR Files: The Matsuos & Nanase Tsubasa

Take everything as something original to this fanfic. Like seriously, I'm about to screw with the canon very hard.

3rd Person POV

"Good luck kid." A voice said through the earpiece, then that voice waited a few moments before speaking again. 

"We're clear now."

"Thank you for getting a good shot at them Shiraishi."

"Sure thing. I'm removing the small camera now, you should already have a copy of the video."

"Yes I do. Now, I must go."

Toma Satoshi turned off his earpiece as he stared at his laptop screen. The video that Shiraishi Kasumi managed to take was her interacting with his children, Hisoka and Shizuko. He paused at the perfect moment, where both of them looked above the camera lens, so he got a good look at both of their facial expressions.

Hisoka, his son, had a mixture of exhaustion and confusion on his face, as expected of the latter since they were suddenly called out. His posture was rather lazy, or truly exhausted, which worried Satoshi a little. After all, he used to be rather cheerful. 

Shizuko, his daughter, had annoyance clear on her face, which was odd since she was usually reserved. It made him remember of that photo of them on the cruise ship, especially because she was using the same hair style again. Shizuko was never the type to carefully style her hair for half an hour. That said, she may have changed, and so did Hisoka. But, change never always means for the better. 

"Mr. Toma, it's time." 

From the door into his office, a hired agent called out to him. Toma closed his laptop and grabbed his briefcase.

"Is everyone ready?" He asked the agent. 

"Yes, we are only waiting for your orders." 

"Let's get to it then. Prepare the cars." 

This was a very important mission. Toma decided that he can reflect on the state of his kids after it. They were about to deal a major blow against Professor Ayanokouji, and it would be a big help with their efforts against the White Room as a whole. 

Professor Ayanokouji used to have a butler, last name was Matsuo. He was the one to take care of Ayanokouji Kiyotaka for a year before he went off to ANHS, at least that was what the intel said. The agents then found out that this same man had a son, Eichiro, who was currently on his last year of junior high.

After a bit more digging, and connecting the dots, they found that Matsuo was having lots and lots of hardships ever since he was fired, as expected of Professor Ayanokouji. This was why the mission was so important. With that fact, there was a very high chance that Matsuo would commit suicide, and possibly a few months after, so would his son. However, Matsuo's testimony would have an extreme amount of weight in the battle against Professor Ayanokouji himself. 

Their mission would be to convince and extract both Matsuo and his son, then take them to be under their protection. Kouenji had already given Toma the green light to use any means necessary to deal a blow against the White Room, and this would be one of those blows. Toma would deal with Matsuo, while one of his hired agents would deal with his son, Eichiro. 

Toma got into the car, then it left the parking lot of the main office building, belonging to the Kouenji Conglomerate. The car drove towards one of the many residential sectors of Tokyo, where the current address of Matsuo was located. Toma flipped through the documents, making sure he had everything. He even had some food and water prepared, in case Matsuo wasn't able to feed himself in a while. Through Kouenji, he heard how cruel Professor Ayanokouji could be, so it's better to be safe than sorry.