Chapter Eighteen

Sophia's Outfit

Sophia's Outfit

Ellie's Outfit

Sophia's Point of View

''How do you feel today my dears?'' Joe asks Ellie and me as we were sitting in the carriage waiting for the parade to start. ''Come on Joseph, we are already late,'' Grandma joins us smiling. ''Her Majesty is ready,'' Joe speaks into his mike.

I smile and wave at the people as we make our way down the street. I wave more switching between sides. I start to frown when I see a little boy annoying a little girl. ''Excuse me can we stop the carriage,'' I call out. 

I ignore the questions and stares and get off the carriage and make my way to the group of children, Ellie following behind me. 

''Hello everybody,'' I smile at them all. 

Ellie and I make our way to the little girl. ''Hello, what's your name?'' I ask her softly. ''Carolina,'' she tells me before going back to sucking her thump. 

''Hi, these children are?'' Ellie asks. ''Most of them are orphans,'' the man tells us looking between the two of us. 'We care for as many as possible,'' he continues. 

''Carolina, would you like to be a princess for a day?'' I turn back to the little girl. ''I can't I'm too little,'' she tells me. I shake my head. ''Oh no, because today, I am sure Princess Sophia would love to declare that anyone could be a princess for the day,'' Ellie tells her. 

''Infact, can I get all these kids a tiara and crown please, you all are going to march in the parade today,'' I tell the man next to me as he hands me a tiara. I smile at the little girl and place it on her head. 

''We will take care of it later,'' Ellie smiles at the man who was selling them. ''Come on everybody,'' I tell the kids taking Carolina's hand. 

''You won't be able to wave with your thumb in your mouth,'' I tell her. ''I can wave with this hand,'' she tells me. ''Okay,'' I smile at her helping her down.

''Okay everybody, to be a princess or prince, you have to believe you are a prince or princess. You got to walk the way, you think they would walk, so think tall,'' I tell them. ''You've got to smile and wave,'' Ellie tells them. ''And most of all,'' I grin at them. ''Just have fun,'' Ellie and and I tell them together.