Seer

Cordelia POV:

The elves all took their respective seats around the circular table. It seemed to be a council of the elves responsible for overseeing the operations this hidden village. 

I sat next to Sophie, who seemed stiff and uncomfortable. Not that I could blame her, sitting next to the Council was the same as being in front of the most powerful nobles.

It was nothing for me regardless. 

"Before we continue further, I think proper introductions are in due. My name is Arion, I am the head of the council of the elves."

"My name is Avery."

"I am called Alvin."

"My name is Falwin."

"I am Elnora."

"You already know my name, but I am Cordelia." I introduced myself with a slight bow. 

"To get down to business, I believe we should go on a covert assault by avoiding the Chamrior's king's soldiers and beasts and directly attack him. For that, we will need your support Cordelia. As for the help you need, I can grant you an audience with the Great Seer."

We then began discussing the plans for our attack. 

"There are eight powerful beasts under the control of the Chamrior King. We managed to kill two of them through the years while you also killed two of them after you arrived. That means only four of them are left.

The main problem, however, is the king himself. He is very powerful and you are our only hope to win this, Cordelia. The plan is that we are going to sneak in to the King's chambers, just out of his passive sensing range. Then, Cordelia will directly attack him while the rest of us elite warrirs take care of the guards.

The King will likely call for the four beasts but you must not be distracted. Continue to attack the King in order to kill him. All of us will distract the beasts till you succeed. Once you kill the king, the mind control will be broken and the beasts will be free from his reign."

"Aren't you guys putting too much hope into me?" I said with a slight frown.

"You are the only hope we have. Honestly, it won't be long before the King finds this village. We were planning to attack him in a month if you didn't arrive when you did, even if that would have been a guaranteed defeat." The young elf named Alvin responded to my query.

"Now then, I'll lead you to the Great Seer."

'We are already going huh? It's a bit too sudden but it's fine I suppose.'

The elf led me through the canopy of the forests before we found ourselves in a completely empty area. The World Tree was in my view and I couldn't help but gasp in amazement once again.

"It is incredible, isn't it?" Arion said with a soft smile.

I nodded my head in a daze before following him to a cottage right next to the World Tree.

'I thought all the elves lived away from the World Tree in respect. Is the Great Seer that important to be made an exception, or does she draw her power from the World Tree?'

It seemed to be the latter, seeing the vibrant aether that powered up the tree. It was like a giant self-generating well of aether.

The elf knocked on the door before getting on his knees with respect, "O' Great Seer, this young child comes with a foreigner and dares to ask for your divine presence. Kindly grace us with your presence and your divine gift."

I was dumbfounded by the sheer amount of the respect the elf I thought was the most powerful in this place was giving to the Seer. 

'I heavily underestimated her,' I thought before also bowing. 

"Granted," a soft voice resounded from all around us, as if the air itself was speaking. The creaking wooden door opened itself and we both walked in.

The cottage that looked tiny from outside was in fact quite cozy and spacious. It wasn't anything luxurious, but that may just be because of how non-materialistic the elves were.

I saw the Seer rocking in an old chair with her eyes shut. She seemed weak, feeble as if she would die from just a touch.

Yet I could tell that was just a facade. The amount of aether her body had was quite astonishing. 

She wasn't strong.

But I could tell the mastery she had over the aether that flowed through her veins. 

"Arion, leave us alone," the Seer said after acknowledging our presence. Arion didn't even try to refute or oppose her decision, simply heeding her order and leaving the cottage. 

"Child, you have suffered a lot in this Relictomb already." The Seer said to me as soon as the door closed. 

My eyes widened in shock as I readied myself to attack. Just before I could respond, she clarified, "My eyes allow me to see the future and the past, so it was only a given I would know that this world was artificial in nature."

"As for the answer you seek, you are on the right path to save that boy. Continue pushing forward and you will succeed."

Slight tears formed in my eyes before flowing down my cheeks. 'I am right, I am on the right path,' I thought before wiping my tears away. 

"Child, even I cannot see the full extent of your or that boy's future. Nor can I tell you everything I can see as that will ruin the future. Instead, I shall give you two pieces of advice."

I nodded eagerly, happy to receive any sort of help. 

"First thing to remember is to never believe the battle is over before it is over. Your enemies may be weaker than you but they aren't weak. Their will may be even greater than yours, so keep on your toes and never be arrogant. The second advice I will give you is that the final enemy is not who you think he is. There is someone else who is much more dangerous."

"Thank you, thank you for your support!"

"Now then, go child. Succeed on your path and live a happy life," she said with a smile before waving her hand and sending me out of the cottage.

Even though I was full of joy, her little display of power still made my jaw drop in shock. 'I couldn't even sense the aether move,' I thought to myself. 

'But now, I at least have a clear direction.' 

(A/N: The battle finally begins next chapter. This mini arc will end in about 2-3 chapters as well.)