045

"Charrr!!" Jamie shouted up the stairs, "come on, we're leaving now!" He shouted, prompting the little girl to excitedly run out of the room and down the stairs, flying into his arms, giggling as he spun her around in the air.

"W-where are we going" she asked him, not being able to contain her excitement, she had no idea where they were going, all her their father had told them was that they had a surprise.

"I don't know, but I'm excited" he said to the girl with a bright smile on his face, carrying her into the living room where their parents were waiting.

"Ooh, don't you look adorable" John cooed, taking his daughter into his own arms and admiring her dress.

"Are you calling me ugly" Jamie cried out sarcastically, knowing that's not what he meant.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Jamie, your just as adorable" John chucked, squishing Jamie's cheek with his spare hand.

Charlie giggled at their silliness, wrapping her arms around John's neck for more stability.

"Daddy" she whispered secretively, "yeah charlie" he whispered back, charlie wasn't being as wuite as she thought though, as both Jamie and lei could hear her from over a metre away.

"Where are w-we going" she asked him giddily, he laughed in response, instead of responding, deciding to just mess up her hair instead.

She shook her head, whacking his hand off, before pouting at him, tugging on his sleeve to put her down as she ran over to Jamie.

John looked over at her, faux offense on his face, his mouth agape as looked at his daughter.

"There is some obvious favouritism in this house" he chuckled, he didn't really care, he just glad charlie wasn't uncomfortable with them. After four months of living with them he was glad she wasn't.

"Where are we" Charlie asked, looking up at the building infront of them, it didn't help that she couldn't read any of the signs yet.

"It's a surprise" Leo smiled brightly at her.

As they walked into the building charlies eyes sparkled with joy, she looked around the lobby in awe.

She ran over to Jamie, jumping up and down in excitement, seeing all the animals in their 'houses' as charlie called them.

"Look, look" she gasped excitedly pointing around the room, Jamie matched her excitement, of course he was happy, but not as much as his little sister.

The long story short is a lady came over to them, she was a kind looking woman, with medium length brown hair and a bright welcoming smile, the woman owned the animal shelter, and politely asked the family what she could do for them.

To which they responded, charlie hadn't actually heard, as she had dragged Jamie away to look at the kittens on the other side of the room.

It turns out that they were there to adopt one.

It was probably the best day of Charlie's life, and she had- had quite alot of brilliant days and opportunities in her life, although alot of her life had been filled with hatred and sorrow, she was happy now, with her dad's, Jamie and now a kitten, which they had named bill, a random name but Jamie and Charlie had been adamant they call him that, his full name was sir billeus the second, named after Charlie's first stuffed toy Billy. Surprisingly it was Jamie's idea and their parents thought that the thought was too sweet to deny them the dumb name. Who names a cat bill?

But to charlie and Jamie it didn't matter, Jamie didn't actually care what the cat was called, and Charlie was just excited to finally have a pet, she remembered dream telling her about his cat patches, and ever since she had always wanted one.

Her dreams were all coming true, she had a proper, loving family, an amazing big brother and she had a cat, what more could she ever need... maybe a fish.