Chapter 34

ANYA RUSHED BACK TO THE meeting spot when she got a message from Saul that the break in hadn't worked

Her and the other girls rushed over to where the base camp had been set up and she walked over to Saul who explained that it was empty.

Instead, all of the blood witches were at Alfea. The girls messaged Musa and found out that they had all been locked in a room and the fairies were being drained one by one. 

"Musas hiding in the school, that's how we know that they're taking fairies one by one," Terra explained

"They knew all our specialists would be in there," Saul said, shaking his head. He couldn't believe that they'd been tricked.

"And we drank all the last antidote, fucker," Riven exclaimed. 

Saul looked at the group, calling them all together. He stood at the front, trying to keep moral up

"A frontal assault is suicide, a covert strike upgrades our odds but not by much. And we'll be fighting friends, we've got non lethal weapons though," He explained.

"Once we neutralise the threat the blood witches will be easy to clear. Then we free the fairies," Anya added on and they all walked off.

"Lets go on a walk Bloom," Saul said, the three going along a path whilst the others got ready for the mission.

"Are you sure you're up to doing this, it's okay to say no Bloom," Anya said.

She knew how difficult it was to have the weight of the world on her shoulders and she didn't want to push Bloom too fat.

"I mean is it though? I'm the only one powerful enough to stop him. He wants the dragon flame and if I give it to him he won't hurt any more fairies," Bloom said.

"Yes but then he'd have the dragon flame, he's done all this without it imagine what he could do with it," Saul stated.

Bloom sighed, "I know, I have to fight," she said.

"We have to fight," Anya said, placing a hand on the girls shoulder as they stopped in a clearing near the base camp

"I haven't seen sky? Who did he ride with?" Bloom asked, looking around.

Anya and saul looked at each other, "When you were locked up he tried to break you out and landed himself in confinement," he explained

"He's still in the school?" Bloom asked, worried. She knew that the school was dangerous, especially because the blood witches could control him.

"Sky us resourceful, trust me he'll be fine," Saul said.

"But Bloom, I need to tell you something that has to stay between you and me," Anya said and Saul nodded, walking away, "If I die I need you tell something to Sky,"

"If you die? What do you mean?" She asked. Bloom didn't think anyone would die on this mission.

"Sam is coming down to look after Sasha so I'm going to fight," Anya explained. She checked her watch, Sam should be here soon.

"Can I trust you? You can't tell anymore unless I die," she said and bloom nodded. Anya toona deep nreath, "I need him to know that I'm his mum, and that I'm sorry. I just need him to know that I can tell him now, Rosalinds death has allowed me to,"

"You're his mother?" Bloom questioned, eyes wide as she comprehended the news.

"It's a long story but I need him to know that, please," she said and Bloom nodded.

Anya watched as she walked back to the hut with the other fairies. She was worried about what would happen but now she had a safety net in case things didn't work out for her.

Half an hour later they got a message from Aisha saying that Bloom had passed out on the floor and they rushed over to the small cottage nearby.

"Lets get her up," Anya said, walking over and helping her up.

"I'm fine, I'm ready to go," Bloom said and Anya shook her head.

"Are you sure? This mission could drain you," she asked and Blood nodded.

Anya was worried but she knew that the girl could handle herself and if she couldn't then they'd be in a lot of trouble.

Anya changed into her Specialists suit just in case they needed her for the mission, her sword in a sheath by her side.

The battle planning was easy, they had all the specialists here - who were luckily immune to the blood witch magic.

They were going to break into Alfea and take out all of the controlled guards and then wait for the Solarians to get there.

Whilst she was helping out one of the younger specialists in the group, she heard someone call her name and she looked up.

"Anya!" A voice called out and she turned around to see Sam rushing over, his car parked nearby.

Her and Saul walked over, "You need to leave as soon as you can, this might not end well," Anya explained.

She looked over at Sasha, her and Saul had said their goodbyes and now they had to give her up for a day. She had to be safe.

"I know, don't worry, I'll look after her," he said, a smile on his face as Anya handed her over along with some extra stuff he may need.

"I've expressed milk in the bag but that really need to be chiled an-" she started to rambled and Sam cut her off.

'Don't worry Anya, I'll look after her. I promise you both she'll be okay," he said and she nodded.

Saul took her hand and they watched as he walked away, strapping the baby into the car seat before driving away.

"Are you ready to break into Alfea?" Saul asked, trying to take her mind off of Sasha.

Anya nodded, "Ready as I can be, let's save the world," she joked, a sad smile on her face.

☆☆☆

SAUL WAITED IN THE FRONT OF the pack, getting everyone ready to go in. This is some of the specialists first missions and they had to make sure they were ready for it.

"We'll take em out one by one silently, let's move," he said and they all split up.

Anya found a small corner to hide in and at the most opportune moment, hit the student over the head with the blunt of her sword.

He managed to knock her down, legs sweeping her over as she hit the ground. She groaned as she got up, knocking him over unconscious.

Anya walked back to the group and Saul rushed over when he saw the blood on her cheek.

"Nobody's dead, promise Saul," she said, a smirk on her face, "You should see the other guy,"

He laughed and they both froze when they saw Sky running over. He had managed to escape and really, anya never doubted him, now she just had to tell him the truth.

1160 words