Chapter forty-nine

"Dibs on the room next to the masters!" Amalie shouts the second we walk in the cabin, "that's my room!" Bruno shouts running after her so he could get to the room before she has the chance to claim it with her bags

Me and Xander look at each other and shake our heads, "kids."

A chuckle escapes my mouth, we're both betting on the fact that they'll one day go from enemies to lovers, but he thinks that Bruno has to get over his love for Alexa first, I say it's not love but rather an obsession. Everyone likes what they can't have.

I let go of Xander's hand and start exploring the Romero cabin.
The cabin is big, but not unnecessary big like the mansion or the villa we were at, this place was actually very cozy.

Right in front of the hallway is the stairs leading to the rooms, on the right there's a sturdy and spacy kitchen with a small wood table, I'm already looking forward to use it.
On the right is the entrance to the living room, the first part of the room consists of two of the largest sofa's I've ever laid eyes on, facing a fireplace which was greatly needed because it's freezing in here.
The other part had a huge Christmas tree that reached the ceiling, but lacked decoration.

A pair of arms sneak their way around my waist from behind, "are you done exploring?"
I smile, "almost"
He turns me around, as I say "I still haven't seen the bedrooms"
An evil smirk plays on his lips, "don't worry we'll be exploring those later"

I raise my brows, "Is that so?"
We're not doing it here, even a mouse tip toing around could be heard loud and clear.
"Si, I'll make sure you're quite don't worry" He winks, I don't even want to ask how he'll make sure of that, and I don't have the opportunity to do so either because the door opens only seconds later.

"LA FIESTE ESTA AQUI" The party is here.

I look at Pablo and laugh, he drops his bags the second he enters, and a grin is placed on his face.
Luca is following after shortly, he looks just as happy, and it makes me wonder if this is the only time of the year they get to relax even if it's only for a week.

Based on what I've heard about them, they're the tech geniuses in the mafia.
They can hack into anything, and they'll find anyone only with one single picture of them, they can find every single detail about their lives and that's how Xander got his file about me.

While they're both masterminds, Luca prefers to be behind the screen while Pablo likes to be a part of the scene. They're both glued to each other, and I'm pretty sure they do everything together too. Seeing them makes me wish I had siblings.

"You're in my way Luca" A familiar voice says, shoving him to the side.
Our eyes meet and awkward silence fills the room, unsure of what to do or say we just stand there.

Alexa looks the same, except her blonde hair is longer now, she's gotten extensions.

Luca looks at us as if he's analyzing the situation.
Fixing his glasses he says, "either I'm seeing things or there's some real awkward tension in the air."
God, thanks Luca for making an awkward situation ten times more awkward.
"Estupido" Pablo mutters, giving his brother a dirty look.