Volume 6: Fallen Leaves

So far two people have recommended Male OC x Arisu and a fellow writer recommended an original Kiyo ship. Please send more suggestions, this author is desperate:') Also, this is when things begin getting hectic, so please bare with it. These quotes will be left in every chapter from now on, just for fun, I believe. But they will still hold a bit of significance to the story itself. 

Sacrificing himself for someone else, someone he cares for. Though his existence has meaning either way, he still chooses to throw that meaning into the void of nothingness. Isn't that quite cute of him?  -ALittleGirl

He's only 16, and yet he acts like such a mature parent. It's terrifying just how much a kid could push themselves when they have something to protect. -ManWhoSits

Stand and be proud. You raised us like a father, when you are only our brother. You've done enough, it's our turn to take care of you, my love.  -Babysitter

Toma Hisoka POV

It was mid-October, and the sports festival was finally over. However, things may have just changed for the worse. With what the chairman told me, there are several problems rising up and intertwining into more complex problems. Problems that I can't solve by myself. 

I have to drag in Shizuko into all this, which is something I didn't want, but she would be involved either way, and the chairman convinced me to do so. Shiraishi-sensei also vowed to help me with whatever I needed, so long as it wasn't breaking the rules, or else she'd lose her job, which is understandable. 

But for now, problem numero uno stood before me, the new student council president. 

"President Horikita has some final remarks he'd like to share with you all."

The moderator stood aside as Horikita Manabu slowly took the stage and approached the microphone. Once, the younger Horikita would have shrunk back in fear at the sight of her brother. Now, she remained steadfast as she watched him leave his position so that the new president could be sworn in.

"I'm very proud to have led the student council for nearly two years. I'm also quite grateful. Thank you all very much." Horikita's older brother said to the crowd.

His address was brief and unemotional, delivered with the air of a solemn obligation, and he retreated to his original position once it was done.

The ceremony didn't end there. The other student council officers remained on the stage.

"President Horikita, thank you for all your hard work. Now then, we'd like to welcome Nagumo Miyabi, a second-year Class A and the next student council president, to say a few words."

Nagumo walked onstage and stood in front of the microphone. Ichinose, a first year, was among the student council members who watched him attentively.

"Hello. I'm Nagumo, second-year Class A. Student Council President Horikita, I sincerely appreciate the strict yet kind guidance you've shown me. I'd like to express my respect for you, while also emphasizing what an honor it's been to serve alongside the most capable president in this school's history. You've exhibited the strongest leadership possible."

Nagumo bowed his head deeply toward Horikita's brother. Then he faced the student body once more.

"Allow me to introduce myself again. My name is Nagumo Miyabi, and I will be assuming the position of student council president at the Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School. I sincerely look forward to working with all of you."

Nagumo had behaved enigmatically during the sports festival. Now, he was the picture of politeness, just like when he first met me. However, that courtesy didn't last long. He donned a small, thin smile, and the atmosphere changed almost immediately.