Forty-One

Lucy sighed in annoyance as she waited for Gojo. Today was the Exchange Event so that means Itadori's finally able to come back from the "dead." Lucy thought it was a stupid idea to have Itadori do a grand entrance but Gojo insisted that he got one claiming that he wanted to see everyone's crying faces when they see their friend alive. She did want to know what one does at these Exchange Events. She couldn't partake because it was only for students but even if she could, she couldn't because she was still "injured."

"You done, yet?" Lucy grumbled annoyingly as Nobara and Maki clung to her, both happy that she was alive and well.

"SHUT UP, WE HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN DAYS ONLY TO FIND OUT YOU ALMOST DIED! LET US HAVE THIS MOMENT!" Nobara shouted as she tightened her embrace.

Megumi let out an annoyed breath. "This is embarrassing," he muttered. He walked over and pulled something from his pocket before handing it to Lucy. "Here, I found a tea shop that says this is supposed to help with the pain."

An irk mark appeared on Nobara's face as she glared at Megumi and pounced on him. "WHY DO YOU HAVE TO GET HER A GIFT?! NOW WE LOOK BAD BECAUSE WE DIDN'T GIVE HER ONE, FUSHIGURO!"

Lucy pulled away from Maki, who was hugging her from behind. "Is tea really that big of a deal?" she asked her.

"Well, tea is your favorite drink, so it makes sense why she would get upset," Maki sorta explained. "So are you going to be watching us with our teachers?"

"Yeah. I figure this would be a good way to see what you learned and what you guys need to improve on. You guys will do great though."

"Awe, you believe in us!" Panda gushed as he held his cheeks. Lucy tsked, which got him to gasp while half his face turned blue.

"Salmon Roe?" Inumaki questioned as he looked ahead of them.

Everyone looked up ahead as they heard the ground shake. Lucy's brows crinkled together as she sees a small dust cloud coming toward them.

"WHERE IS MY BELOVED LUCY AND HER GLORIOUS ASS?!" they heard Todo shout from a distance. The group's eyes turned white as they look horribly at Todo, who was running with a bouquet of flowers with a box of chocolate in his hands.

 The group's eyes turned white as they look horribly at Todo, who was running with a bouquet of flowers with a box of chocolate in his hands

"You're kidding, right?" Megumi asked.

Todo was near. "LUCY, I HAVE RETURNED FOR YOU!" he shouted before taking a leap of faith toward the girl.

Lucy was clearly annoyed when she saw the lovestruck look on Todo's face. Right as he was about to grab her for a hug, she ducked down so Todo ended up flying over her head and crashed to the ground.

Panda and Inumaki were trying not to laugh while Megumi had an annoyed look. Maki was smirking as Nobara pointed furiously at the second year.

Todo got up and was gonna comment something like what a woman in his dreamlike state but his eyes widened when he saw the bandages sticking out of Lucy's clothes. Worried for the girl, Todo rushed over, all while pushing Nobara and Megumi aside while shouting, "Lucy!"