47- Kidnap

"Tonight let me take you away, Caroline!"

"What do you me-"

Before I can even complete my sentence, a black substance surrounds us in a sphere, trapping me completely.

"Wha...What is this!??"

"Don't be scared, Caroline." He says getting up on his feet and the black sphere starts floating in the air carrying us inside.

"Let me out!! Where do you think you are taking me!?" I try to break the magic sphere but get an electric shock when I try to touch it.

I try to use magic next but Eric catches both of my hands.

"It's useless to try, don't waste your energy." he says, his red eyes reflect that same nauseating seriousness.

"You have lost it completely Eric! Do you know who I am? I am the Daughter of the Duke of Vorsack and the fiance of the crown prince of Rivans! Do you think you will get away with kidnapping me? It's a grave crime! You will be put to death!" I try to threaten him.

But to my surprise Eric doesn't look scared even the slightest.

"Let them do what they want. I'm prepared to turn the whole world into my enemy if it's for you..."

"Do you even know the weight of your words? Your tongue will be cut for even uttering them!"

"Let's see then" he smirks.

"Huh?"

"Who's tongue gets cut. Mine or that bastard's!"  He brings my hand to his mouth and kisses it.

"Hah...I missed you Carrie..." He breathes on my hand.

Crazy...he is really crazy...!

Then suddenly the magic sphere comes to a stop.

"Looks like we are finally here" he says.

Then the black substance surrounding us disappears, to reveal a huge luxurious mansion.

"Where are we?" I ask him.

"This mansion was gifted to me by Lady Srivalline. It's passed down from generations after generation to the imperial couples." he says

"Then we are in...Karlos right now!?" I gasp with shock. It hasn't even been a few minutes and we reached another empire. He must be using Teleportation magic, but only high level mages are capable of that!

"It's very late, let's go inside." He smiles.

"What? What do you mean go inside!?"

"Sir you're here? Why didn't you inform us about it before? And who's this lady?" An old man walks up to us and asks. He looks like the head butler responsible for taking care of the palace.

"We are in a bit of a hurry, so couldn't inform before. Get the room ready for us quickly." He orders the guard.

"As you wish, sir" the guard bows and leaves.

"What the hell is going on Eric? Tell me the meaning of all this!?" I scream at him.

The butler stops in his tracks at my scream and looks back.

"I didn't want to rush things like this too...but you left me no choices Caroline" Eric  says.

"Any problem Sir?" The butler asks suspecting something.

"Call the maids here" He orders.

Before I can even say a word, I feel a sudden force hit my head and my consciousness fades away.

Eric's sorry face is the only thing I see before collapsing in his arms.

"I'm sorry Caroline, I really didn't want to do this..." He says.

"Who is this woman Sir?" The surprised butler asks.

"She is my...my fiance! Address her with due respect!" He says.

The butler although confused, doesn't dare to ask any further questions.

Eric carries Caroline's body inside in his arms. The maids are equally surprised on seeing their master carry a woman inside in the middle of the night.

The maids showed him the room upstairs and he carried her body very carefully to the room.

"Master let me show you, your room now" A maid says.

"My room? No need for that we will be  staying in the same room for now" he says.

The maid's face turns red in shame but she dares not question her master's actions. Afterall he's the lord here, but even so she found it scandalous of her otherwise gentlemanly lord to bring in a lady at night possibly by force and then spend the night with her.

She steals a glance at the unconscious woman lying on the bed. The moonlight revealed her face, she's beautiful enough to be compared to the beauty pageants of  Karlos. But her attire definitely doesn't match her beauty, as it looks like the clothes ordinary merchants would wear. Many questions runs through the maid's mind, as who is this woman? What's her relationship with the lord? What's her identity?

"Bring in fresh clothes for her, I don't wish to see her in these rags" He orders.

"As-as  you command" the maid bows down and leaves instantly.

When she leaves, she is surrounded by the other maids who are very much curious as to who this woman is.

"What happened inside, Lina? Who is that woman??" A maid asks.

"Nothing the Lord asked for fresh clothes for that woman?" Lina answers.

"But who is she? The Lord bringing another woman here at night that's so..." Another maid says covering her mouth.

"What else? Maybe she's just another harlot! The Lord's allowed to bring any woman he wants, this is his mansion afterall!"

"A harlot? But I don't think I have ever  seen or heard the Lord fooling around in brothels... Actually countless Noble ladies are interested in him but rumours has it he rejects every women!" Lina says.

"Then who do you think she is??"

"Hey hey! Stop gossiping over there and get back to work!" The head butler who was passing by orders them.

"Ye-yes sir!" The maids instantly get back to work.

"Sir, the Lord is asking for a dress for the lady to wear... Should we just give her one of our dresses?"Lina asks.

"You fool! Do you have any idea what you are saying? That woman...I don't know who she is but the lord says she is his fiance! And you are asking to make her wear your clothes? The lord will cut your neck for this grave mistake!" He retorts.

"Fiance??" The maids exchange shocked looks.

"But Sir...We have never heard of anything about this? When did he even get engaged? Who is this woman? From which family does she belong?"

"I know as much as you here...don't ask me useless questions just know that do not dare to disrespect that Lady..." The butler warns them.

"Okay sir..."

Lina gets out the finest dress she can find, that is reserved only for the women of the imperial family.

She enters the room with the dress, to find her Lord sitting beside the bed and caressing the woman's face.

She wondered who this woman was that her Lord admires so much.

"Here is the dress you asked for, Milord" she brings a gorgeous lilac dress.

"Keep it here and leave." He says still looking down at Caroline's unconscious face.

"But..." Lina is shocked.

Does he mean that he plans to dress the lady up all by himself??

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

Read more chapters on my patreon

Link in my bio💖

Thanks!