chapter 52.

a/n: perhaps the longest chapter I've written so far. enjoy!

lii.

The sound of the usual bell ringing filled everyone's eardrums signaling the start of their first lesson. However, since it was the first day of school, students would have morning assembly at the gymnasium. Assemblies were held every new school year and everyone was told to look presentable.

Students were not allowed to wear hoodies, jackets, sweaters, or cardigans that specifically belonged to them for the first two weeks of school. They were only allowed to wear blazers and vests that were officially provided by the school itself. It was a rule they must follow upon being a pupil at Daehwi High.

School uniforms must be worn completed, including wearing their white button-down shirt properly, black socks, black shoes, and the correct color of their school ties according to their grade — first years with silver, second years with pine green, and third years with red burgundy.

On the third week of school, students are permitted to wear their desired outerwear from home but they would still have to look appropriate daily unless detention was something they desired. Daehwi was pretty strict for the first two weeks, which explained why most of the students obeyed. Only one out of ten pupils were willing to violate the rules.

When Jeon Mira stepped into school for the first time after a month's break, she quickly sprinted towards the bulletin board in the lobby, immediately searching for the third-year section to find her new class. It was very packed. With the many heads blocking her view, she was only able to read the list of students from class three.

Mira stood on her toes as her eyes scanned through the list of students but her name was not there. "Excuse me," She voiced, trying to get closer to the board as she bumped into someone's shoulder along the way.

"Oh my God, Haerin, we're classmates again!" One of the second years exclaimed, hugging her friend cheerfully, and jumping around.

"Really? What about Kyeri? Is she with us?" The girl who had the most unique set of cat eyes questioned, attempting to find her other friend's name on the list.

Mira continued to scan the remaining three classes and for a second she thought there might be something wrong with her sight because she was unable to find her name anywhere. She squinted her eyes, rereading the list carefully. Maybe she needs glasses.

Mira scanned class 3-1 as her eyes eventually landed on her name — Jeon Mira. The girl bit her bottom lip as her eyes ran through the names of the students in her class, wanting to know who her new classmates are.

YEAR THREE, CLASS ONE (1)
homeroom: Mr. Hong Jihoon

girls: 13boys: 12total students: 25

girls: 13
boys: 12
total students: 25

Mira's eyes widened upon reading the names. She wasn't complaining though, happy that she was classmates with her friends, Yu Cheram and Kang Yubin, again. Park Aerin was also in her class, that would be interesting. However, she couldn't ignore the new names that were on the list. Were they having new students?