Chapter 60

Days passed in a flash for Sneha. All thanks to her mid-semester exams.

"Finally, the exams are over! Oye, the plan for tomorrow is fixed right?" Jyoti asked Sneha as they exited their college building.

"What plan?" Sneha asked, as her mind was clouded with so many things right now. The major part of her worry was, as usual, occupied by her so-called fiance and his weird demands/actions.

"Wow! Don't tell me you forgot what we had planned for Holi, Sneha?" Jyoti said sarcastically.

And then it clicked on her. They had planned to spend the morning of Holi at Sneha's house where they would throw water balloons and colours at random people from the terrace. Priya was to join them too.

"Oh! I am so sorry, Jyoti. I mean, you can come and play with Priya because Viraj called me yesterday and he ordered me that he'd pick me up tomorrow morning to go somewhere." Sneha said, a little upset.

"But, tomorrow is Friday! It is not even the weekend!" Jyoti whined.

"I know."

"Then remind him!"

"I tried. It's useless anyway. If he wants something, he makes sure to get it." She said tiredly, unintentionally accepting the fact that he had told her, more than a month ago.

Jyoti could only make a sad face at it.

"This guy ruins all your important moments!" She commented before taking out the key of her scooty.

Sneha didn't comment further.

"Bye. See you on Monday." She said as she walked towards Keshav, her driver who was already patiently waiting for her in the car.

.

.

.

Sneha was about to change her dress at home when her phone rang. She looked at the caller id and rolled her eyes on seeing the caller's name.

She was already frustrated with her poor performance in the exam. And, on seeing Viraj calling her, she couldn't feel any more irritated.

"Hello?" She mumbled on answering the call.

"Sneha. There's a small urgency at work. I'll have to leave for London tonight." She heard Viraj's voice from the other side. The heaviness in his tone confirmed to her that he indeed was busy. The rustling sound in the background indicated that he was moving around too fast...probably packing, she wondered.

Her brows rose at the information.

"Okay." She answered slowly, although internally she was jumping with joy. This probably was the best thing that happened with her today. Her gloomy day at least had a happy ending. She could now enjoy the festival with her family all she wanted.

There was a short pause from Viraj's side and he stopped packing his bag. He was expecting some sort of reaction from her side, but her straight emotionless reply disheartened him.

"I...would have taken you with me, but you don't have the passport." He said as he sat on the bed. He had no idea why he was explaining himself. But, he felt the need to do so.

"It's okay, Viraj." Sneha said immediately, hoping he would cancel the call soon so that she could call Jyoti and inform her of the good news.

"You are not upset with me?" He asked.

"Why would I be upset? Work is important as well. I understand." She replied.

Viraj nodded.

"I know it is the festival and I promised that we'd celebrate together..."