~ Forty Six ~

Wednesday 23rd January 2020

"Good morning guys, it's currently..." I look down at my watch, my eyes bulging at the time. "It's exactly five, twenty three am. And you may be wondering why I'm up at this time, and believe me, if I had the answer I'd tell you. But I don't. I haven't the foggiest why I'm awake at this time. I've been up for about fifteen minutes, pottering around doing jack shit." Sitting down on the sofa, I turn my head towards the camera once again.

"I'm feeling a little lost with content this week, so I thought I'd do another Q&A segment to the vlog, you lot seem to like them. I get questions in my comments and what not all the time, so I'm going to answer some of them now whilst I have some free time."

"So... Without further ado." Unlocking my phone, I pull up a list of questions that I spent the past five minutes finding. "Okay, so first question is... If I could like anywhere, where would I live? Great question, something I think about all the time." I shuffle a bit, getting myself comfortable in the corner of the sofa.

"So here's the thing, I don't technically have a place I'd like to live, like, a location. I just know what I would like for my house... So it needs to be somewhere with great views, like country side but with some sea views too. I'm not a city person... Which sounds absolutely crazy considering I basically live in London. Can't get much more city than that can you?" I laugh a little, probably looking like a delirious person.

"So yeah, I want a farmhouse, or a converted barn, with plenty of land. Not too much that it's hard to control, but enough to grow my own veg, have some animals - plenty of dogs, obviously - with room for family and friends to stay, football space for Cor and Harry and then god knows what else those two would think of as well."

I shake my head, knowing I've just waffled on with my answer, but this is apparently what my viewers want to know.

"Next question... What did I want to be when I was younger? Well, first I can remember, I wanted to be an ice cream truck lady..."

~~~~~~~~~~~

The day continues to go on pretty slow, I finished my Q&A segment, I sorted out everything needed for the school run and my work day, breakfast for Cormac when he woke up, and then took him to school. After that, I made my way to the student accommodation block that I'm opening at the end of this month.

Which is where I currently am right now.

"Miss White, it's great to have you back with us, especially now that everything is complete." I shook Jamie's hand. Jamie is the head of 'Operation Student Digs', the project name we somehow came up with. He and his team been with me since the start of this process in march of last year. They've done an amazing job so far.

When I first took on the building, getting it pretty cheap at auction, it was basically falling apart. Many of the windows having been broken, meaning that there was a lot of water damage, animal waste and god knows what else, everywhere.

The floor plans of the flats were ridiculous bad, the flow between rooms just wasnt it. They didn't make any sense, what so ever.

So... I hired Jamie and his company to help fix it up, eventually getting to the point that they just partnered with me to finish the whole project. They have decorated and built furniture for all of the flats, with only small bits needing to be added before it's complete, ready for students to move in from next week.

"Jamie, how many times do I need to tell you to call me Sophia?" I shot him a pointed look, one that made him laugh. "Anyways, I have my notebook, ready to take a walk through all the flats? We need to make sure everything is in working order and they have everything they need. I'll make note of anything that needs buying."