48. Everything

TRIGGER WARNING: Panic attack

*DOUBLE UPDATE-READ 47 FIRST*

Micah: Maybe you have to tell Aaron. He made a friend: DiScenta.

I let out a shake breath, looking from the text to the letter from my father. 

He wants me to visit him. Why?

With trembling hands, I open the envelop again and attempt for the fifth time to read further than the first line. 

Sebastian,

I request your visit. You have been a coward the last decade, not daring to meet me. I am the one who fed you, who raised you and who taught you the world. It's time to pay me back, yes?

You owe me. You took my love from me the day you were born, and I had nothing than shit with you. You've always been ungrateful to me. Do you think the Whitlocks appreciate you? Do you really think so?

Yes. They are my parents, and they're the one who raised me. Not this piece of trash who left me to die.

This is the last invitation I send. If you are not here in less than 48 hours, I will put you on my blacklist and you'll never get to see me again.

-U

I don't want to face him again. He's been my nightmare for my whole life. My father is a horrible man, both as a dad and a human. 

His shit is affecting me. I'm so tired of getting hate mails, all saying I'll turn out just like my dad did. I'm so tired of them, and I want them to stop. I'm not like my father. I'm nothing like him. The only thing in common is our DNA. 

Doubt fills me. But what about all the questions? Can I let him go without answers?

I groan and hide my face in my trembling hands. Just when I thought life was going to be normal again, this happens.

And this time Ada isn't here to stop me from blacking out with alcohol or drugs. The thought scares me, but in some way, I'm relieved. I look up from the letter to the cabinet with my bottles of whisky in it.

I need to forget.

My eyes slide to the clock. It's 5.03. We're meeting up at Aiden's at seven. I wouldn't be okay if I drink now.

They won't miss me that much.

My body starts trembling with panic now. I've never been able to handle panic attacks alone. Mom was always by my side, or Aiden, and sometimes even Micah. But now? 

Loneliness engulfs me. I look between the kitchen cabinet and the table with his letter again. My eyes blurry with tears of desperation.

I don't want to disappoint.