22

Jin needed air, he loved his mate and he loves all the affection but for some reason he feels smothered. He's not sure why, normally he eats it all up and demands more. But for the past few days Joon has basically kept him locked up in their cabin and only lets him go to make food. So once the Alpha passed out, Jin wiggled out of his arms, huffing a laugh at himself at the little growl that Joon made as he tried to get closer in his sleep.

But Jin didn't care, he needed air that wasn't clouded with cinnamon. He made his way over to the community center, the scent of cedar filling his lungs. "Jiminie, you going out to hunt?"

The Alpha whipped around, "why are you out this early? Does Joon know you are out here, did you need something, are you hungry?"

Jin held his hand up, "calm down little Alpha, I'm fine other than the fact that Joon is smothering me in cinnamon and I needed to breathe." He stopped looking at the stone structure behind the Alpha, "what's that?" He walked closer, his eyes lighting up, "did Yoongi finally build it? OMG we have a well Jimin, this is the best day ever."

Jimin scratched the back of his neck, "well that's the thing, he didn't and neither did I. Maybe one of the Betas?" Then his eyes went wide, "she didn't?"

"What?"

"Mandy built this, she's been acting strange. I just assumed she was going into rut since her scent has gotten a lot stronger, sweeter. But I guess this is what she was doing instead."

Jin's eyes filled up with tears, "she built us a well?"

The Alpha shrugged, "well she built a smoke house too. She's awfully handy for a wolf that's lived most of their life in isolation."

Mandy was running, her wolf screaming at her to go back. But she couldn't, ruts are always easier to handle in wolf form. She has a system, take the herbs and run. Exhaust the fuck out of her Alpha and then she can rest for a bit and do it all over again. Maybe some hunting can be done since she has so many to feed now, yes Jimin will be pissed. But surely he'll understand when she gets the chance to explain after the week is over.

But for now, she has to stay away from them. While she can control her Alpha and make her instincts not do what they want, she's not so sure about the other two. She doesn't think they'd do anything that they aren't ready for, but she can't be sure. Yes, they are finally courting her and she's accepted that, mating is not ready to be put on the table and neither is sex.

If either one of them knotted her right now, she'd get pregnant, there's no doubt in her mind. But what worries the Alpha the most is Jimin, he's a tracker and he'll be able to find her if he tried. So she kept running, farther and farther away from the village. She left a note for the girls, they'll most likely look for her first.

"Have you seen her?"

Jimin looked at his mate, Yoongi's hair was all over the place from the amount of times he had pulled on it throughout the day. "No, I haven't. Kris is still with Tae, that fucking Omega growled at me when I offered her a bowl of stew before snatching it and pulling her into his lap and basically force feeding her."

Yoongi snorted, "they are newly mated, don't you remember how we were? We had the worst fights that first week. It's why we have separate cabins."

"Yeah, well what did you expect? We are both Alphas and there are times I think you forget that I'm an Alpha too. You stick your knot in me and turn into a knothead, I on the other hand control myself better."

He's not wrong, Jimin really does handle it a million times better than Yoongi ever could. The older Alpha sighed, "I'm sorry, again. I know you are just as capable as I am. I asked Kat if she'd seen her and she said she hadn't either. Are you sure she's not in her cabin?"

"She didn't answer when I banged on the door and yelled."

Yoongi grabbed Jimin's hand and dragged him towards the Alpha's cabin, "she needs to move in with us. We finally finished the bigger cabin and I'm sick of not having her there. I want our scents mixed, I want to wake up with cedar and apples in my nose."

"I know, I do too but with lemon and apples." They banged on the door again and no answer. "Let's just go in, I know it's going to make her mad but what if she's in there hurt?"

Yoongi smiled at his worried mate, he was worried too, but apparently he was thinking more clearly. "We'd smell it if she was hurt, she's not in there. But maybe there's a clue to where she is."

They made their way into the cabin and as soon as they got close to her bed the scent hit them hard, arousal zipping through their bodies. "She was going into rut, I knew it."

"Look, she left a note." Yoongi scrunched up his eyebrows, "she wanted the girls to tell us that she's in her rut and she'll be back when it's done."

Jimin spun around, anger all over his face. "She's in rut and she left? I know she's an Alpha but there are rogues and she's still a girl, is she insane?"

"Baby," he tried.

"Don't Baby me," Jimin snapped. "You might not care that our mate is out there alone, scared, in pain and vulnerable, but I sure as fuck do."

Yoongi growled, "don't ever accuse me of not caring. I was just going to tell you that we should pack some things and go find her. I was going to remind you that you are the best tracker I've ever seen and you can find her anywhere. So let's go find our mate."