Chapter 83

Hey, I'm back! I'm so so sorry for not uploading for ages! I've been super busy at the moment and I rarely had time to write this chapter! I hope ya can forgive me! Anyways, I hope y'all enjoy this chapter! The song above is Manila by George Ezra! I love this guy!

Not for the first time in his life, Izuku woke to the steady beat of a heart monitor, that monotone beep that told him he was alive dragged him back into the waking world and reality.

Wait...

A heart monitor?

He expected to be in some random house, or still on the beach for that matter; a hospital was unexpected, many hospitals were shut down by All for One to monopolise the health industry and to have everyone reliant on him for health care.

Yet here he was.

Cracking open his eyes, Izuku took a split second to analyse the room; mostly to find any exits or entrances to use if he needed.

The room itself was minimule. There wasn't much, just his bed, some hospital equipment that were connected to him, and some sky blue curtains. The rest was bare white walls and tiled floors.

His arm itched and Izuku glanced down, finding a cannula in his arm, connected to two bags; an IV bag filled with water, and another Izuku couldn't quite figure out.

At least it wasn't Quirk Suppressants.

After all, he could still feel the quirks within him, One for All tingling under his skin.

That most likely meant he hadn't been captured by All for One or any of his cronies, they wouldn't leave him off quirk suppressants, it would be far too dangerous to do so and risk having Izuku escape.

It also meant he was free for now, of All for One.

Terrible as it was, Izuku felt relief settle in his chest. He wasn't in All for One's sights anymore, no longer able to be hunted and it was refreshing.

"I see you're awake, Izuku Midoriya."

A smooth voice stated.

Twisting his head, Izuku snapped to the new person, finding a lanky man standing at his door; he had blonde hair, almost white, with bright purple eyes and a sword at his hip. Izuku's mind racked through its hero knowledge for a second until the name hit him.

"Merlin...?" The man nodded.

"Your senses have come back. Good, I'll go and grab a nurse. Try not to move."

And with those few words, the man left, his cloak flowing in the draft, leaving Izuku alone in the hospital room, gaping at the empty door stunned.

Merlin is, or was, the most mysterious hero within the hero ranks. More so than All Might himself. That in and of itself is impressive, All Might was secretive about nearly every aspect of his life but Merlin? It's like the man appeared one day out of thin air.