BONUS CHAPTER III

BONUS CHAPTER III
Chapter 29.5

(Two days ago)

Elliot is not exaggerating when he says that the only thing that makes his days bearable nowadays is seeing his golden boy's face every night at the bridge. He will get through whatever kind of shit day with a smile on his face if it means he'll get to see his golden boy at the end of the day. That's all he needs really.

Yes, he is that whipped.

He goes to sleep with a smile nowadays and wakes up with one too. Elliot used to be easily irritable but not recently. He can overcome almost anything easily and not be bothered by it.

To be honest, Elliot doesn't know when this change in him began to occur, it just happened. He is very much aware that he's been attracted to the blond ever since he first laid his eyes on him. But it's not mere attraction anymore, he truly likes him. He wants to be around him as much as he can, and wants to listen to every single thing he has to say. He wants to know everything about the golden boy.

But still, Elliot is biding his time. He hasn't told Josh he likes him just yet.

Elliot still has some things that he has to figure out for himself. But more than that, he is sure that the blond has things to figure out for more himself and Elliot doesn't want to voice out his feelings and come off strong and risk scaring the blond away.

He has already risked losing him once, he is not willing to do it again.

Elliot is sure of his sexual orientation, and he's been familiar with it for some time now, but he knows that for Josh it's still a new territory. He cannot and does not wish under any circumstances to pressure or 'influence' him somehow. Just because Elliot likes Josh, it doesn't mean Josh has to reciprocate his feelings too — but Elliot is not blind, he knows that Josh likes him. He just has to be patient until Josh realises it too and admits it.

And then, Elliot can tell him too.

Until then, he has to be patient, although admittedly that has been a challenging task as of late.

If Elliot is permitted to say so himself, the relationship between him and Josh has blossomed quite beautifully. Their first meeting wasn't under the best circumstances and as terrified as Elliot was at that instant, he somehow managed to mask it well, and he likes to think he handled the situation well.

After that first meeting, everything was up to chance really. He did very cockily say that he'd see the golden boy the next day but really, he didn't know shit. He didn't even know why he behaved the way he did. He wasn't usually like that; it takes him some time before he can warm up to somebody, but with Josh everything was just different — he knows how cliche it all sounds but it is what it is.

Fortunately for him, Josh did show up the next day and they just connected. There were instances in between when it seemed like whatever they had going on might die out, but somehow, they managed to keep it going. Elliot has to belief it all means something.

The day starts off as any other day. Elliot wakes up and he sees Crystal, his aunts' dog already waiting by his bed, wagging her tail, tongue lolled out. She does a little jump and taps her feet as her way of greeting.

"A very good morning to you too," Elliot coos at the dog, leaning down to scratch the top of her head.

And then stretching out, he stands up and walks out of his attic-room, down the stairs to the bathroom on the first floor to freshen up a little bit before he gets started with his day. But before he has even splashed some cold water on his face, there is a knock on the bathroom door. It's one of his aunts.