Where'd all the time go? - Chris Evans

Hey everyone! I'm back again with another fic. This was a request from my lovely friend. I hope you will love it. My inbox is open for anything (except racism), so if you want to talk, send a request, or vent, please do. I love you guys so much. xxx.

Warnings: fluff, one curse word

English is not my first language, so I apologize if I made any (grammar) mistakes. Feedback and requests are always welcome.

Happy reading <3

I do NOT permit my work to be translated or reposted on here or any other site.

Chris is one of those people that believes that money cannot buy your happiness. It was such a weird concept to him to think that people would buy houses, clothes, and cars to make them happy. Sure, they give you utter joy, but for how long? 1 week? Or two months? Maybe even a year?

No, life was too short for that. He knew he was the happiest when he was around his family. Waking every day up with you next to him, hugging you, and smelling your scent was giving him more joy than buying a Ferrari would do. Don't even get him started about Aria. The pure happiness that little Aria gave him was indescribable. Deep down, he knew he loved Aria because she reminded him of you.

The way she laughed, the way she danced, the way she loved coloring was all because of you. Chris loved everything about it.
However, he would give all his money to stop his little girl from growing up.
He saw what was happening before his eyes and couldn't do anything. That hurt him the most.

Aria was calmer than she was before. She was more behaving and was careful when she did tasks. Chris should be proud of these things, but he was not. He wanted his little monkey back, who was running around the house giggling while Chris tried to get his phone back from her chubby hands. The little girl who put her mom's makeup on Dodger while she was gone for the grocery. He hated it. He hated every single minute of it.

"Daddy, mommy, can we go to the mall tomorrow?"

Aria asked her parents suddenly during dinner. It was a surprising question for both of you, but for different reasons. Chris thought Aria hated the mall, and you thought she wanted to go to buy her some new toys.

Chris came with the first question, and yours followed directly. "I thought you hated the mall, Aria. What do you wanna buy, baby?"

"And don't say toys because you have enough of those, Aria. You promised me after I bought you the Nintendo Switch, remember?"
The little Evans rolled her eyes, showing how sassy she was and much of an Evans to her parents.

"I know, mommy, I promised you. But I don't wanna new toys. I need new clothes."
She stuffed her mouth with mashed potatoes and waited for her parents to give her an answer.

"Clothes? that is new." It surprised you that Aria requested clothes. It was always you who bought her clothes, and she wore them, not having a problem with them at all.

"Yeah, why do you want new clothes? I-I do not get it." Chris was having a hard time wrapping his head around this. But he should not be. His daughter, growing too fast for his liking, wanted new clothes. What is the big deal? Right?

"Why is it so hard to understand? My old clothes don't fit me anymore, mommy. They're becoming too small for me."

There it was. The hurtful truth Chris was trying to escape all these years. Him not wanting to accept. The only sentence that made his heart hurt so badly.