Forty-Two

After accepting the apology from Itadori, the Tokyo - Kyoto Sister School Exchange Event finally began. Since Gojo wasn't telling Lucy what partakes in the Exchange Event, the female Ackerman asked Utahime - which caused the sorcerer to gasp in shock at the "betrayal." The event takes two days. Day one is a group battle: Wacky Cursed Spirit Exorcism Race. To win, the team must exorcise the Second-Grade curse spirit in the designated area. However, if there's no winner by sundown then the team who exorcises the most Third-Grade and lower curse spirits win. There were pretty much no other rules.

With the event happening at noon, it gives the Tokyo students enough time to formulate a plan. Since Lucy isn't a student, she had to be stuck in the room with Gojo and the other teachers to watch the event.

She nodded in thanks at Utahime, who handed the girl a nice cup of tea. They were having a nice conversation, mostly Utahime praising Lucy for kicking Gojo's ass earlier, when the white-haired sorcerer sneezed.

"That was disgusting," Utahime said since Gojo didn't cover his mouth.

Lucy sighed as she brought the cup to her lips and took a sip. "And he wonders why I have him clean his room spotless," she muttered. She pulled a handkerchief from the breast pocket of her shirt and tossed it at Gojo. "Here, clean your snot."

Utahime gasped. "You make him clean? As in clean - clean. Not him just pushing everything inside his closet."

"He already tried that."

Gojo pouted. "You have to tell her that? Come on, Lulu, you're supposed to be on my side!"

Lucy tsked. "Not when it comes to keeping things nice and clean." She glared at him. "Would you bring a girl in there if your room's a sty?"

"Oh, I don't know," Gojo began before he gave her a knowing smirk. "I can be pretty convincing when I want to. Maybe the girl has a cleaning kink, you don't know? The last girl I was with did have a choking one."

Good thing Lucy's good at hiding her emotions or else she would have been a blushing mess. Utahime glared at him before leaning closer to Lucy. "Has he always been flirting with you?"

"Ever since I got here," she muttered annoyingly before drinking more tea. "But I learned to drown it out. I'm only here for one thing and that's not dating someone like him."

Don't get angry with Lucy's comment. It was a small agreement Gojo and Lucy had. The only people who are allowed to know about their "relationship" are the students at Tokyo Jujutsu Tech. Gojo opposed the idea at first but soon realized it was best. But that doesn't mean he won't tease the girl in front of everyone.

Utahime smiled at her. "Good for you. It must be hard learning about a half-sibling."

Lucy nodded. "It was at first. But I wanted to see him for myself. Of course, I would have let him choose if he wanted me in his life or not. I still haven't met my half-sister yet but I'm taking things slow for now."

"It's a shame you're a bodyguard. You would have been a better teacher." Utahime glared at Gojo, who was in deep thought. "Unlike someone." She sighed. "Well, then, what did you want?"

Gojo broke his concentration. "Huh?" he asked. Not sure what just happened. "Are you upset now?"

"No, I'm not upset at all."

"Course not. 'Cause I haven't done anything wrong." Utahime growled. "But I'm afraid we have a spy. Someone's working with a curse or a curse user."

"What makes you say that?" Lucy wondered.

"A lot of them have been popping up lately. They understand human speech and they formed a faction that's operating with purpose. They might think they're just working with a curse user. But..." He took a sip from his cup. "...you need to investigate everyone at Kyoto."