Chapter 42 || "Managed to tame the beast, have we?"

Amazing trailer by: @PLAIDGURLY

- Pandora -

"Show me your babies."

These were the words I had been waiting for. These four simple words that could make or break a student. Luckily for us, we hadn't fücked up this time, and had managed to maintain our baby's health for the past week. She was still in one piece, and didn't have a single burn on her - much different from our last baby. Admittedly, Ashton's little sister had been the one to mostly care for her, but we lent a hand from time to time.

When we weren't preoccupied with other activities.

"Do you have her?" Ashton asked, his voice lowered to a strained whisper. I just nodded, retrieving Kira from my backpack.

I had even sprayed her with perfume earlier, just to make sure she smelt extra fresh.

"Sir, what should the rest of us do?" Calum randomly questioned, lazily resting his feet up against his desk "because - no offence Ashton - but I really can't be bothered watching those two prancing around with their fu- beautiful baby."

Mr Blackwell shot a disapproving glance towards Calum's dirty vans before forcing a tight smile, trying his best to keep his chill. I could see the inner battle he was facing, his hands clenched tightly by his sides.

"Apparently his wife's just left him." Ashton muttered into my ear, causing my sympathy towards the poor man to grow.

"Oh my god, really?"

"Yep," he sighed, gently taking Kira from my arms to cradle her to his chest "packed her shít on Monday then left."

I literally felt my heart weep for this strange man as he repeatedly ordered Calum to remove his feet from the desk, only managing to rile the class up more. The chatter had increased dramatically over the last couple of seconds, and it was finally becoming clear. Mr Blackwell was losing control of his class.

"Ashton, shut everyone up?" I asked, causing his hazel eyes to widen.

"What?"

"Please?" I begged, desperately clinging to his bicep "Mr Blackwell needs help!"

"Why can't you do it?" He hissed, shooting a nervous glance around the busy classroom.

"Because they won't listen to me! Please Ashton?"

His hazel eyes lowered as he thought for a couple of seconds, his lips drawn back into a disgusted grimace. I knew he didn't want to, but Ashton was the only person that held any type of power over these students - apart from Calum and Michael obviously, but there was no way in hell that they would help.

"Fine." He finally grumbled, causing me to smile.

In the heat of the moment, I leant forward to place a soft kiss to his cheek, only to quickly draw away again. His eyes were wide with horror, his cheeks burning a deep shade of red as he watched me withdraw.

I had almost kissed him. I had almost fücking kissed him in the middle of class.

Shít.

"Please Pandora," he nervously chuckled, lightly shoving my shoulder "try to control yourself."

I let out a light laugh before kicking his ankle, my eyes nervously scanning the length of the classroom. Nobody was looking at us weird - which was a good sign - yet a couple of students had smug grins on their faces, their eyes briefly meeting my own before quickly looking away again.