Chapter 43 || "You love to be dominated."

You are all so beautiful and significant in this world and please never forget that.

- Luke -

Things between Ashton and I hadn't been the same since his sleepover, and for obvious reasons. It had been created to bring us all together, and all it had done was drive us apart.

I couldn't look at him. I couldn't look into those familiar hazel eyes anymore, and it was all because of Pandora. She just had to go and fück my best friend, didn't she?

He was basically my brother.

This was basically incest.

"Hey, Blondie! Are you okay?"

I blinked once, then twice, before finally remembering where I was, my eyes flickering upwards to meet Natalia's. She was frowning, her phone held in one hand and a frying pan in the other. It was quite an unusual combination, but she made it work.

"I'm fine."

"You sure?" She continued, her dark brown eyes studying mine with a motherly type concern "You spaced out for a bit."

"I was just daydreaming." I assured, shooting her my biggest smile.

She studied me a second longer before turning back around to the cooker, placing the frying pan down onto the ring. I watched curiously as she poured some oil into the pan, cracking a couple eggs in afterwards. It didn't sizzle like I was expecting, and I couldn't help but feel slightly disappointed.

"Do you remember the rules for tonight?" Natalia questioned, causing me to groan.

How many times did we have to go over this?

"Natalia-"

"Lucas."

I attempted not to laugh at her stern tone before reciting the speech that had been repeated to me so many times before, ignoring the proud look she shot me over her shoulder.

"I will not argue, annoy, provoke or bully anyone at the table. I will remain polite and calm, and if anyone písses me off I will ignore them. I will try to act friendly at all times and won't eat all the food."

"Good!" She beamed, clapping her hands excitedly "Now say it again!"

-

"I don't see why he's inviting Dana," I huffed, tugging grumpily at the collar of my shirt "he knows it will only upset Evie."

"She's his girlfriend Luke." Natalia chuckled, attempting to fix the tie hung loosely around my neck.

"It's still rude."

"Guys, how long is it until dinner?" Pandora called, her blonde hair abruptly peeking out from behind the kitchen door.

I shot Natalia a questioning look as she shrugged, seeming just as clueless as I was.

"Five minutes?"

"Thank god," she sighed, shooting a disgusted glance over her shoulder "Michael and Emma are having a rap battle, and I'm pretty sure Emma's winning."

"Sexist." I spat, causing her eyebrows to furrow with confusion.

"Wha-

"Get out of my kitchen!"

Her bright blue eyes shot me a curious glance before she finally exited from the kitchen, leaving just myself and Natalia. Dinner was cooking slowly behind us, and I had to say, it smelt fücking brilliant.

"What are we even making?" I frowned, attempting to peer inside the oven.

As I knelt, both of my knees cracked, causing me to shiver in disgust. I hated that sound.