the price of magic - RUMPLESTILTSKIN [A]

TITLE — THE PRICE OF MAGIC*

status: available
faceclaim: gratiela brancusi*
fairytale oc: esmeralda
storybrooke oc: izabela cooper*
heights oc: valerie weaver
love interest: rumplestiltskin / mr gold / weaver
first appearance: once upon a time season 1
last appearance: once upon a time season 7

status: available faceclaim: gratiela brancusi*fairytale oc: esmeraldastorybrooke oc: izabela cooper*heights oc: valerie weaverlove interest: rumplestiltskin / mr gold / weaver first appearance: once upon a time season 1last appearance: once upon ...

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

ONCE UPON A TIME, IN the land known as the Enchanted Forest lived a young woman by the name of Esmeralda. She had fled her home Kingdom after a series of catastrophic events that almost killed her and decided to run to the other side of the realm where she thought she would be safe. Not as much as she thought it turned out because not even a week later, a strange man in leather and what appeared to be crocodile skin appeared on her doorstep. Apparently he sensed how powerful her magic was and wanted to teach her to use it. Esmeralda didn't realise at the time that it was in that very moment that her life changed forever.

Rumplestiltskin truly was a knowledgable man. He spat out magical spells and information faster than she could believe. The spells he had her attempting challenged her to her very limits, to see what she was made of. For Esmeralda it was either swim or drown. And luckily for them all, she swam.

Many saw the Dark One as a monster but Esmeralda had seen enough masks in her lifetime to know when someone was wearing one. And behind the golden skin and flamboyant gestures, she could see the goodness that still remained in his heart. Even if it was hidden from everyone else, maybe including himself.

She tried to get him to see, to look inside and accept there was still light in his dark soul. But he would not. Esmeralda even went as far as to kiss the man (well, maybe he wasn't a man) whose scales started to fade away until he realised what was happening and put a stop to it. But Esmeralda knew there was space for love in his heart, she just had to wait until he realised it.

The failed kiss caused awkwardness and anger between the two until Esmeralda had had enough and left, abandoning Rumplestiltskin and Belle in that damned manor.

And the Queen's curse was not far behind.

Regina Mills, the Evil Queen, cast a dark curse that sent every inhabitant of the Enchanted Forest to a new land where the only happy ending would be hers. And for twenty-eight years that was the case. Everyone walked around in a daze, unaware of who they truly were, miserable in a town created with the darkest of magic.

It was for these twenty-eight years that Esmeralda was stuck as Izabela Cooper, Storybrooke's very own dance instructor. But then a mysterious blonde becomes the first visitor of the town in a really long time and everything starts to change.