C H A P T E R 39

° ° °

It wasn't long before word of Taehyung's mansion being blown up hit the headlines. Lisa had no choice but to arrange a meeting in Jisoo's hospital.

"He's still not answering his phone." Jisoo was pacing back and fourth while waiting for Taehyung to answer her call. "Goddamn it, Tae! What's the point of owning the biggest tech company if you can't even pick up your phone?"

Seokjin stood up and went to calm her down. "Sit down for a moment." he says before guiding her to a chair. "I'm getting dizzy just by watching you."

Jisoo stared at him. "How come you're not freaking out like me? That's your sister who almost died."

"I'm trying my best to be composed. I can't help my sister if I let my anger get the best of me." Seokjin explained before handing her a bottled water. "The doctors said that she's fine. She had a minor concussion and no major injuries. You can relax, Soo."

"Oh, yeah?" Jisoo's gaze went to Lisa. "Tell that to her."

Moments later, the door to the conference room opened and Jungkook entered. He scanned the room with anxious eyes and he sighed in relief when he saw Lisa. He walked towards her with big strides and immediately hugged her.

"Are you okay, Sin?" he asked her.

Lisa returned his hug with a faint smile. "Yeah, are you?"

"I was so worried." he whispered as his hold to her tightened.

Lisa patted his back to comfort him. "You saw me now, I'm okay. You can stop worrying."

A couple of seconds later, it was only then did Jungkook felt that she was cold. He scowled and made some distance between them so he could inspect her.

"Why are you wet?" he asked before taking off his suit and putting it on her.

"Jennie eonnie was in the pool when I found her."

"Ah, yes." Jungkook glanced at Seokjin. "I heard about your sister. I hope she will recover soon."

In response, the elder only nodded.

Jungkook returned his attention to Lisa but his gaze was drawn to the bruise on her neck.

His eyes narrowed. "What happened here?" he inquired as his fingers softly touched it.

Lisa turned her head away and remained silent.

"Sin," he called her name in a menacing tone. "don't make me ask twice."

Since it didn't seem like Lisa was going to answer, Seokjin opened his mouth. "It was Michael."

Jungkook let out a nasty sneer. "I'm going to kill that motherfúcker."

"Don't worry, he's currently fighting for his life in OR 3." Jisoo reassured him. "Apparently your dear fiancée shot him three times. And if it makes you feel any better, one of them were on his díck."

Hearing this, Jungkook's gaze sharpened towards Lisa.

The girl rolled her eyes. "Oh, whatever. You would've straight up killed him if you were there."

Later on, her brothers began to arrive at the conference room one by one. And once they were complete, Lisa sat in front to start their discussion.

"As you may have heard, someone planted a bomb on Taehyung oppa's house and Jennie eonnie got hurt. We're still trying to contact Taehyung oppa, and as for Jennie eonnie, she's still unconscious at the moment but the doctors assured us that she's going to be fine."