Forty-Four

Blaise Beck-Day

Blaise Beck-Day

"Dude, did you snort a line before class? Or what?" Benji whispered to me right after Sage got up to grab a worksheet. I furrowed my eyebrows turning to face him.

I did a double take. I looked at him, looked at her, and then looked at him again. "What? No? Dude!"

He shrugged, Sage's footsteps silencing him as she sat back in her chair in between us. Our presentation went well, hell it was perfect. Not just because she was up there, but because I couldn't help but think about us when I was talking about that waterfall. I couldn't stop thinking about the day that we selected that painting.

She had drowned my succulents.
I rubbed her stomach.

I was so attracted to her that my dick got hard just from staring at her belly button piercing. I mean, sweet Jesus, this woman was a ticking time bomb for my dick, my heart, and my sanity.

"Sage, what are you doing after this class? We could get coffee–" The professor cut me off.

"Okay. This was a really good class today. Productive and all, how about we don't have class on Friday? Just meet up with your partners again, and do the homework that is due that night. We'll go over it on Monday and Wednesday."

Fuck yes.

I would have alone time with Sage again.

"Questions? Comments? Concerns?" He asked from the front of the classroom. As my peers sat silent, he nodded, rubbing his hands together before motioning to the door. "Class dismissed, see you next week."

My head turned to face her, but she was already packed up and moving. Her chair quickly shot back, and she tried to stand up and walk, but I pulled my chair back on purpose so I was in her way.

"Excuse me," She muttered.

I raised an eyebrow. "Friday, my place?"

She sighed, shaking her head. "I have plans for Friday, sorry."

Wait, what? I shook my head, moving in her pathway again. "During class time?" I asked.

She nodded. "Yeah, I made plans with a guy. I'm sorry."