Chapter 37

"Bring her to Intensive care unit"

The ambulance arrived at the hospital where Mr. Manoban welcomed them. He's the one who assist his own child. Everything is prepared including the place where Lisa and Jisoo will stay. Mr. Manoban stops Jisoo from going inside the room and tell her to rest, a nurse assisted Jisoo to an empty room while waiting for Lisa.

Jisoo looks everywhere and it makes her surprise when a lot of patients are already on the lobby. She didn't know how this virus affects the whole country.

"Dr. Kim, follow me"

Jisoo follows the nurse until they reach the room. The nurse left her and let her stay to rest. She takes a deep breath and look at her hands, she's shaking out of fear. Jisoo takes her phone and a lot of messages from Chaeyoung, since the day she left until today. The girl is updating her everyday just like she usually do.

Even though she wants to tell to her wife that she's already here, she just can't. She knows that Chaeyoung will be freak out, knowing her wife. She also wants to give Jennie a heads up on what happened to Lisa but for sure Jennie will force herself to come which Lisa doesn't want to. Jennie's safety is all that matters to her. She's frustrated on what's going on with Lisa what more if she tells it to her family.

Jisoo closed her eyes and didn't realize that she fall asleep. After two hours, Jisoo felt someone watching her. She instantly open her eyes and found Mr. Manoban beside her. The man put a tray of food on the table and sit beside her.

"Thank you for staying with Lisa and risking your life" He said.

She just smile a bit and asked "How's she?"

"She's still on her critical condition" Mr. Manoban said, restraining himself from tearing up "You'll be transfer in a condo unit tomorrow morning"

"Dr. Lee died" Jisoo cut him off "His body is still at the camp, give him a proper burial. I know that's what Lisa wanted as well"

"Let's see what I can do" He replied "Don't tell it to Jennie, let me tell it"

Jisoo nods her head. Mr. Manoban tap her shoulder and let her rest until tomorrow. Jisoo knows that Mr. Manoban is too stress, he lose weight and his eyes seem like restless. Jisoo force herself to eat even though she doesn't want, she needs strength and energy.

-.-.-

"I told you not to drink too much" Bobby said as he help Jennie to walk towards her room.

"I'm grown up lady, you can't tell me No" She emphasize and stops from walking to stare at Bobby's face "No, you're not her"

Bobby grin "Lisa?"

Jennie squinted her eyes "Yeah, Lisa. I thought you are Lisa for a second but I just remember she will carry me on her back if I am drunk" She laughed softly.

Bobby sighed and smile back at Jennie "I'm not Lisa but I love you" He said and help her to walk upstairs.

Jennie wobble so Bobby hold on the railings of stairs as they walk "I am tired Bobby" She said.

As they reach the room, she made Jennie lean on the wall first and look at her. He knows that drunk people tell the truth.

"Do you still love her?" He asked.

Jennie laughed at him and punch his chest "Why are you asking questions like that?" She asked and said "I still love her"

Bobby close his lips and tap Jennie's head "You want to sleep?" He asked.

"She told me she loves me but she keeps on disappointing me" Jennie said with her pouted lips.

Bobby's about to open the door when Chaeyoung shows up "Let me take care of her. She needs to change her clothes, let me do it. Take a rest and thank you" She said help Jennie to walk inside while the latter keeps on complaining. When the door closes, Bobby wipe the tears from the corner of his eyes. It hurts him.

Morning has come and it's peaceful on Jennie's place. It's already 8 in the morning and no one's awake in the house. Jennie wakes up on the sudden thunderstorm. She looks around her room and found Chaeyoung and Reign cuddling. She get up and felt a pang on her head, hangover. Jennie get up and wash her face. She has no idea what really happened the whole night, she remembers few but not the whole part.

She looks at herself and her clothes changed. She thought about Chaeyoung who changed it. Jennie decided to walk downstairs to drink coffee.

"I prepared coffee for you" Mr. Kim said as soon as Jennie shows up in the kitchen, the latter take the cup and blow it a little to lessen the hotness of coffee "Bobby left early this morning, he has duty"

Jennie nods her head and continue drinking.

"You seem unbothered" Mr. Kim noticed.

Jennie just steal glance at her father and said "He has job to do, I understand it" She said.

"Not like when Lisa left for vacation before, you don't want her to go" Mr. Kim chuckles.

Jennie cough on what her father said, she just rolled her eyes and is about to leave but Mr. Kim speak up.

"If you truly love Bobby, tell him but if Lisa remains on your heart, tell him straight"  He said.

Jennie knows what her Dad means. She left the kitchen and go upstairs, she choose to drink coffee on the veranda to take fresh air. As she looks down the street, the memories of her and Lisa as a student appears. The day when Lisa sneak just to give the food that she craves for.

"I haven't received any call from you. Chaeyoung received few calls from Jisoo despite of poor signal yet you didn't do anything for me and your son?" Jennie scoffed and drink a coffee, she forgets that it's still hot "Aw!" She wince.

She drops the cup of coffee and growl "So what if I still love you? That doesn't mean you will make me wait for too long!" She stops from talking to herself when she realized on what she had said "What did I say? I must be crazy" She scoffed and lean on the chair.

Jennie furrowed her eyebrows and an idea came up. She immediately run downstairs and dial something on their telephone. It's ringing.

Few more reconnection and someone answered the call "Hello?"

A unfamiliar voice heard from the other line "Who's this?" Jennie asked.

"I'm Tiffany. Who's this? If you call the -"

"It's not a mistake. Can I talk to Lisa?"

"Lisa? Who's this? Lisa's not here anymore"

"Where is she?" Jennie asked curiously.

"I won't give any further information if you're not g-"

"I'm Reign's mother, the mother of her child" Jennie cut her off.

"Oh" A silence bang on the other line "Don't you know? Lisa's already in the city for treatment. She got stab. I won't say any details. You may ask Jisoo Kim about it"

The call ended quickly as Tiffany drop it. Jennie's mouth went agape on what she heard. She covers it and slowly put the telephone down. Her knees feel weak and her whole body seems cold, she's having chills on what she had heard.

"Good morning Mommy Love" Reign said, he's being accompanied by Rosé.

When Jennie turn around, Chaeyoung got surprised. The lady hurriedly run upstairs and change her clothes. She grab her phone and dial a number while running downstairs.

"Where's Lisa?" She asked, she didn't get the answer which made her mad "Where's Lisa?!" She yelled on the phone.

Everyone in the house walk out of their room to check what's going on. Even Chaeyoung is flustered on Jennie's action.

"What's going on Jen?" She asked.

"You must tell me where is Lisa" Jennie said on her phone as she cries "Tell me!"

Jennie drop the call and acts like she's going out when her Dad grab her arms, she's resisting but Mr. Kim grip on both of her shoulder "Calm down! You are scaring your son!" He said.

Jennie glances on her son and found him crying so hard. She calm herself and continue to cry as well. Her dad gives her a tight hug. Even though everyone has no idea what Jennie gotten into, they just know that something's wrong with Lisa.

-.-.-.

Next time nalang ulit. Keep safe!