Chapter Seven

Rosalie's POV

We decided we would go tonight, it was easier for us to get there before the sun would come up. And it also meant that Bella could fly like she's been begging for, so it was a win-win.  Once we were ready we headed outside, I felt Bella pick me up before she was flying above the clouds. I held onto her and just looked around, it was beautiful and something I never thought I would see before.  I could tell when we left Washington, the clouds were no longer black and filled with a storm. 

I felt myself relax against Bella, just holding onto her while she headed there at a quick speed. I watched the clouds and the stars, knowing Bella was looking at me too. I closed my eyes and listened to her heartbeat, she held me closer and went higher, I looked at her confused and then heard the sound of an engine from a plane. "Couldn't let them see me, I don't want that on the news." I laughed and nodded, looking where we are. "We're almost there, just a few more miles and we're there." I nodded and looked up at her, she smiled at me and pecked my lips. 

--------
Volterra
-----------------
We made it to Volterra, it was quiet and dark. I had assumed we would make it at least during sunrise but it had only been a few hours since we left. We landed outside of it so no guards would see what Bella was and we walked inside the castle and instantly a hooded guard was greeting us. They took off their hood and I saw it was Jane, I nodded at her and she looked at Bella and then at me again. We followed her to the elevator and went down to the lowest level of the castle. 

The doors opened and we followed Jane, I held Bella's hand tightly. She opened the doors and Aro, Marcus, and Caius sat at their thrones. I looked around for the queens but they weren't there, they must have wanted the kings to find out what was going on before getting involved. "Ah Rosalie, we didn't expect you so soon. This must be your mate, Bella." Aro stood up as he spoke, gesturing us to come closer. I continued holding Bella's hand, walking up to him. "Felix told us we should be expecting Edward's visit, he did say why but why don't you tell us in depth." He sat back down, looking at us both. 

Bella cleared her throat, the kings put their attention on her. "I've known Rosalie for a while, I recently found out that she is my mate and we completed the mate bond. When Edward saw me for the first time he was drawn by my blood but knew I was somehow stronger than him, I don't know why he thought that. He wanted to hurt me, cut me open because he couldn't hear my thoughts. I'm a shield, so I also don't work on Alice, not fully. If someone thinks of me or has a plan that has to do with me she can see it, just not the outcome or anything to do with me and my future." They nodded and a guard came in, Edward, Carlisle, and Esme following him. 

"Ahh, the Cullen's we were just talking about you. Jane get the queens will you?" She nodded and walked out of the room, coming back with the queens. Bella and I bowed our heads to them, and Edward came forward. "King Aro, I must tell you about a crime Rosalie has committed." Aro stayed silent and looked at the queens. "You will address us, Edward, the kings have no authority here. Now, what is the law broken? The queens looked at Edward, and the one who was sitting with Aro looked at Bella. "Rosalie Hale has stolen my mate!" She looked at me, then at the queen sat by Marcus, his wife with the same power as him. They could see bonds, mate bonds, and more. 

Didyme stood up and went over to us, she hid her smile and then looked at Edward. "Edward Cullen, it was very stupid of you to come here. I assume your coven leaders agree with you?" Esme and Carlisle nodded at her question, she smirked. "There is no bond between Edward and Bella, Bella is mated to Rosalie. So now Edward has made a false mate claim, which is against our laws. And since you two agree with him, you are also at fault. The punishment for false mate claims is death, goodbye Cullen's." She walked away, Edward being grabbed by Felix while Esme and Carlisle were grabbed by a few guards I didn't recognize.