#30. A Romantic Evening...Planned By Scarlett » Chris

"Chris," I giggled as my husband, Chris, led me. He had his hands over my eyes as he led me somewhere. He had made me close my eyes as he drove and now he refused to let me know where we were going.

"Anna," he mimicked.

"Seriously, Chris, where are we going?" I asked.

"I told you, it's a secret. You just gotta trust me, okay?"

"Of course I don't trust you," I joked.

When we arrived to the spot and Chris uncovered my eyes, I was in awe. We were at the park where Chris and I first met. It was dark, except for the park lights. Set up on the ground was a picnic blanket with a basket. I turned around and looked at Chris in surprise.

"What-?" I started.

"Happy anniversary," Chris replied. My smile got wider, if that was possible, as I jumped into his arms and gave him a huge hug. For a moment, I almost believed he had forgotten it was our anniversary. How could I be so stupid? Chris has never forgotten an anniversary, not even once. How could I think he'd forget our one year wedding anniversary?

Chris led me to the blanket and sat me down. He had packed quite the meal. Now I understood why he wouldn't let me make us supper or anything.

"This is amazing, Chris," I said.

"I know," he replied with a smirk. "You honestly didn't think that me being gone all day and telling you not to make supper and all was for nothing, did you?"

"I thought you were just being your weird self," I teased.

Chris chuckled and kissed my check. The two of us ate the meal he had packed. It was really good for someone who didn't know how to cook.

That's when something hit me. Chris sucked at cooking. Seriously, he could burn water. And, while I'm sure he could come up with a romantic plan like this, I knew he couldn't do it on his own. Which meant, someone helped him make this romantic anniversary picnic.

"Did you honestly do all this on your own?" I asked, trying to sound like I didn't already know the answer. Chris didn't look at me, he just shrugged. "Well, it's amazing. Right down to the food. I thought you didn't know how to cook."

"Well, I didn't exactly cook the food," he mumbled.

"Oh. That's okay, it's still really romantic," I said with a smile. I didn't want to push the matter anymore as Chris was starting to look a little guilty and I didn't want him thinking I didn't like the picnic. I loved it, even if he got help doing it.

I took a bite into a roll that was hiding in the corner of the picnic basket. As I ate, Chris spoke.

"Okay, I didn't do this all on my own."

I looked up at him. "That's okay, Chris, I don't mind."

"I know, but I still feel like I have to say it," he said. "I mean, I knew I wanted to do something special and sort of out do what I've done before on our previous anniversaries, cause this is our wedding anniversary and all. But I couldn't really come up with anything, so I went to someone for help."

"Scott?"

I was really close with Scott, ever since we first met. It wouldn't really surprise me if he got Scott's help with this. Scott knows me almost as well as Chris does.

"No...Scarlett."

I paused. "You asked Scarlett?"

Chris nodded. His cheeks were pink, as if he were embarrassed.

"Chris, why are you embarrassed about that?" I asked. "I mean, Scarlett and I are good friends, plus she's a girl. That kind of makes a lot more sense than you asking Scott."

"I know, but I just...I wanted you to think I did this on my own, that I'm capable of planning something so extraordinary just for you."

I sat up on my knees and shuffled over to Chris. I took his chin in my hand and made him look me in the eyes.

"Listen to me, Christopher," I said. "I don't care if you planned this by yourself or you got someone to help you, and I care even less who that someone is. I think it's sweet and amazing that you want to go out of your way to make our anniversary special. But, I don't need something like this, you hear me? Just being with you is special enough."

Chris looked up at me. "That's so corny."

I laughed and playfully punched his shoulder before leaning forward to kiss him.

"Happy anniversary," he mumbled against my lips.

"Happy anniversary," I said back.