𝟒𝟒. the return to the prison

WHITE FLAG

chapter forty-four : the return to the prison
{ season three - episode nine }

chapter forty-four : the return to the prison{ season three - episode nine }

THE NOW CUT short group were sitting in the car that they had left in. The car was a five-seater with a cargo bed, so everyone fit inside. Rick was in the driver's seat, Maggie beside him in the passenger seat. Behind them sat Glenn, Kloe and Zayn. And the cargo bed held Michonne, Vickie, Brianna and Jayce.

They were in complete silence in the car, not a single word. They were either sad, annoyed, or outraged. One of their closest friends had left them by choice. Over a douchebag named Merle Dixon.

The car came to a stop upon seeing a branch across the road, blocking them. Beyond the broken branch was a cherry red truck bed. Rick, Maggie, Glenn and Zayn pushed open their doors, stepping out onto the cement. Kloe followed her brother as Jayce told the females to stay in the cargo bed, hopping out of it.

Once they were all out, they all simultaneously walked over to the abandoned car, stepping over the branch. Rick turned to Glenn, who was a few meters behind him. "Get the brakes."

Glenn weakly nodded, latching onto the car door handle and pulling it open. Making everyone jolt, a walker snarled loudly from the inside of the car, instantaneously lunging for Glenn.

Just as everyone had grabbed onto their guns to put down the walker, Glenn angrily grasped onto the walker's shoulders and slammed it against the ground. He stamped his foot repetitively on the walker's face.

Taking everyone aback, they all watched the raged young adult as he continually slammed his foot onto the walker's now messed up face.

Zayn and Kloe shared a glance, both of them having the same facial expression. Their eyes were widened and their brows were furrowed. They had never seen him act like that. Correction, no one in the group had seen him act like that.

The entirety of the time of knowing Glenn Rhee, he had always been the complete opposite of angry. Glenn then stopped beating the walker's head in, and panted heavily. From hearing the silence behind him where everyone was standing, he knew instantly the looks he was getting from them.

He stepped forward, pressing his hand against the side of his torso where he was beaten. Without hesitation, Rick and Zayn followed him while Kloe, Maggie and Jayce walked over to the back of the car.

"You didn't kill him," Glenn stated while still panting. Kloe stood at the back of the cargo bed, watching the three while the others did too beside her.

"That's not why we went back," Rick told him, shifting his weight on his other leg. Zayn nodded with Rick. Kloe bit the inside of her cheek as she noticed the fire in Glenn's eyes.