Always in your corner

Just for this chapter I am changing their ages around.

Alex-13
Oliver- 16
Ryley-21

Olivers's pov

"Hey Ollie, can you teach me how to fight?" Alex asks, coming into my room. "What? Why would you need to fight someone?" I asked, turning away from my laptop to look at him. "No reason." He mumbles. "What's going on, kid? You know you can tell me." I prompted.

"There's this kid a few grades above me that's picking on me a lot. He said he was going to beat me up tomorrow after school." He said nervously.

My eyes went wide, and my heart stopped. I felt my face get hot with anger. Someone is picking on my brother.

"Who?" I gritted out. "Jared Collins." He whispered. "He's in my grade!" I yelled. Alex flinched. "Yeah, I know." He mumbled. "Why didn't you tell me before? I would have beat his ass days ago." I huffed. "I don't want you to! Just teach me how." Alex rushed. "I'll take care of it. Come straight to the high school after school tomorrow. I'll walk you home." I said sternly. "But-" He starts. "No, Alex." I cut in. "You don't have to." He whispered. "I know I don't. But I'm your big brother and it's my job to watch out for you." I said seriously. "Ry's gonna beat you." He mumbled. "Yeah, probably." I shrugged. I really don't care. "He doesn't like when you get in trouble for me, though. We both end up getting spanked instead of just me." Alex worried. "Baby, I'm not changing my mind. I will kick his ass, and then Ryley can kick mine." I tried to joke. My baby brother leveled me with a serious look.

"You don't fight kids three years older than you, it just doesn't happen. You don't fight at all. Let me take care of it, Alexander. Big brother will fix it." I scolded lightly. "You're really gonna do this for me?" He asked. "One hundred percent." I nodded.

•••

The bell for my last class rang, and I was already out of my seat and halfway down the hall. The middle school gets out earlier than the highschool I need to get to Alex first. I shove my shit into my locker and grab my bookbag, along with tonight's homework, and I'm out the front door. I see Alex sitting at the lunch table, waiting for me. I nod at him and start looking around for a head of scruffy black hair. "Hey! Collins!" I yelled when I spotted him standing by the doors. He looked to me, shocked.

I went over to the table Alex was sitting at and set my bag down. "Don't move." I said sternly, making my baby brother nod. I walk over to Jared, shoving my way into his space. "What's your problem with my brother?" I demanded. "That kid's your brother?" One of his friends asked. "Yeah, he is. And I don't appreciate you messing with him. So go ahead, walk over there, and put your hands on him. I dare you Collins." I hissed. Jared scoffed and turned his eyes away from me. "No? Well, why not? He's sitting right there. Go ahead asshole go beat up a kid." I dared. "Look back off." Jared shoved into me. "He's right there, Collins. Go get him." I laughed, shoving him back. "Get off me man. I'll kick your ass too." He threatened. "Do it. I want you to. Kick my ass like you were gonna do to my baby brother. Beat me up, Jared." I said angrily.

Jared stepped forward and shrugged his bag off his shoulders. "Alex, go home and get Ryley." I shouted, waiting for this bitch to swing. "What do I tell him?"I heard my baby brother ask.

That's when the dick decides he's gonna go for me. I let him land a punch; I know not to hit first. "That I got in a fight, and I'm not stopping until he pulls me off." I answer, throwing a punch to Jared's nose.

TW: LANGUAGE AND VIOLENCE

I have to assume Alex listened and went home; I don't hear him anymore. A circle starts to form around us. Nosy kids and screams of excitement clog my senses, giving Jared another hit to my face. I shake myself out of it and use my weight to throw him against a table, giving myself the advantage. I try to hold him down with one arm the best I can while my other rains down punches. I can feel my knuckles split against his teeth.