Chapter 67: Job Hunting

Elizabeth's POV.

I've been staring at the ceiling for I don't know how long. Hot tears eventually sliding down my cheeks and to the mattress every few seconds whenever it overflows my eyes. 

I have so many things in my head. I'm already 18 yet I don't have my life fixed. I have so many things to think about. 

And now I have another worry to pile up to the mountains and mountains of thought.

The idea of getting my bags and walking out sounded like the sweetest, most logical, and most realistic option there is.

This is NOT nice. I said to myself.

The sound of the door cracking open made me turn in that direction. I quickly sat up.

"Chloe..." She continued walking towards me, her eyes puffy and lightly shaded pink.

"Hey, hey, what happened?" I frowned, my voice full of worry. 

Did I make her cry?

The thought of it made my heart suddenly sting.

She ignored me, lightly pushed my shoulders, and led me down to the bed with her.

"Chloe...?"

"Shhh." She whispered before wrapping her arm around my waist and snuggling closer.

"Ch-Chloe." My breath hitched. The tears on my cheeks weren't hot- in fact, there are no tears at all, my cheeks were the ones burning.

The buzzing feeling in my stomach made me feel warm all over and her arm over me felt like a line of warm coals; it was calming.

I let a few minutes pass before breaking the ice, "Is everything alright?"

"I'm sorry..." She muttered, her hot breath reminding me how close she is to me. "How are you feeling?"

"I-" I wasn't used to being asked that. "I asked you first."

"Bad," She mumbled again, "I didn't mean to be stubborn, I just wanted to make you feel happy."

Tears flowed once again; this time because of overwhelming happiness.

I turned to my side, now facing her, and rested my hand on her waist. "No one's ever said that to me before."

"Really?" I was rewarded with a bright smile but averted my gaze and blushed, "I meant that in a way where I'm happy I'm the first."

A laugh escaped my lips. "S-seriously?" I couldn't stop myself and I covered my face with my hands.

"Ye-Yes!!" I peeked and saw her pouting, looking at me with those emerald eyes.

I sighed, "You're unbelievable."

She visibly gulped, "Did I do something wrong again...?"

Shaking my head no, she sighed in relief.

"You want me happy?" I asked her again and she nodded cutely.

I smiled, the fuzzy feeling coming back to me. "Want to come with me? Let's go to Jonathan's today."

Her mouth formed a little 'o' and stood up. "I'll drive."

I sat up, "What about my motorcycle instead?"

She pouted and crossed her arms in thought, "I'll drive and then let's buy a helmet for me."

Her eyes looked at me with determination and I knew she wouldn't back down. "Fine, you stubborn ass."

"That's me." She said with a dimpled smile before walking out of the room.