army man

the polaroid at the top won't show and i want to kill wattpad rn

+

F U N E R A L B O Y - T W O

I felt unsafe without my dad's jacket. It just had this ability to make me completely and utterly calm at all times- but since I gave it to Shawn early that Tuesday morning, everything was seeming to piss me off. Shawn hadn't been in the hallways all day, and wasn't with any of his casual friends.

"Yo, Gracie, pass the munchies."

"Get it yourself, Derek, you have arms, don't you?"

"Watch it."

"Make me."

"Can you guys stop bickering?" One of my other friends, Molly, grabbed the bag of potato chips and threw it at Derek, spilling all of the contents onto the floor. I snorted and Molly cracked a smile at me.

"Where's your jacket?" She asked me.

"Leant it to a friend."

"I didn't think I'd ever see you without it."

"Well, now you have."

"It's almost like I can't recognize you," she joked. I didn't find it amusing.

"I can't recognize myself either."

It was silent after that. Nobody seemed to want to talk; knowing that they'll most likely annoy me even more. The joint I was smoking didn't distract me from the fact my jacket wasn't with me.

I often tried not to get attached to things because I used to think attachment was stupid because everyone leaves but that jacket was different. 2:08 PM and there I was, sitting behind the school ditching last period math class because I didn't want to be anywhere at all.

Shawn wasn't anywhere to be found, which only made me angry. He knew how much that jacket meant to me, and if he didn't have a good reason for disappearing then I was going to be very upset with him.

"I think I'm going to head to the Library." I announced, standing up and handing my blunt to Molly. She furrowed her brows, but accepted it nonetheless.

"You've been by there a lot today," Derek commented, shoveling multiple potato chips into his mouth with a questioning look on his face.

"Nice observation, Nitwit."

"You're pushing it."

I rolled my eyes, entering the school building and heading straight to the library to check for Shawn. I knew he hadn't stayed home from school, because I went by his house before school and he wasn't home. Neither was his dad, so the door was locked, but hey- that's what windows are for, right?

Nonetheless, I checked all over the school for him (again) and found that he was still nowhere.

It was 4:12 after school when I heard shouting. I was in the library trying to study for finals, but decided to go check what was going on when I recognized one of the voices as Molly. She's probably just arguing with Derek again, I thought.

I was wrong. Very wrong.

Molly stood with her arms crossed, a sly smirk on her lips, as she watched Derek poke fun at Shawn. There was a crowd forming around them and I struggled to get to the front.

"Hey! Hey!" I shouted, pushing my classmates out of the way to be submitted into the circle. Derek was holding Shawn by his collar. "Derek what the hell are you doing!"