Chapter 33

Saturday finally comes after dealing with tests during the week. I spent most of my free time with Scott studying hard for them while Karen and I barely see each other.

It was test period and distraction is the last thing she would wish for likewise me because I can't imagine having an extra year. I do not pray for such a thing.

That was the reason I put my game aside and focused on passing my tests. It had been a stressful week, studying until daybreak.

There was a time I had two papers, the other third-year course I carried over, and one of my final-year courses on the same day. Thankfully It was not fixed at the same time.

It's now over as I am leaving the hall after submitting my last test. The only thing that could make me study the way I did this week is when preparing for my final exam.

I got outside to observe the solar noon which is right above me at the farthest distance. I dare not stare at it for more than a second.

I look around for Scott who is leaning on my bike before approaching him. He had left the hall before I did.

"Hey, how was the test," I ask as I move close to him. He raises his head to look at me.

"Fine, I'm glad we are done with it," He answers with a smile. This makes me think if anyone likes writing an exam or test no matter how brilliant the person is.

"Sure," I agree with him.

"There is this game I just discover on my PS 5, we should try it," He suggests.

"I have to go home," I say.

"Why? We should have some fun," He lets out, reading my face while I am just staring into nothing less. I don't know if I should tell him the truth about wanting to meet Karen.

"Wait, do not tell me you are hanging out with his girl again," He guesses with a sneering face. I give him a look, gesturing a yes and he shakes his head in disappointment.

"And you said you do not like her," He bursts out and I can see how mad he is.

"Of course," I reply and he scoffs.

"But you keep spending more time with her except this week that you had to study with me," He retorts and I let out a sigh. Why would he even be angry or jealous? He has friends in his dorm who he can play the PS5 with.

"I'm just trying to play my game," I say reasonably, he nods okay.

"Of course, I can see that," He replies sarcastically. "Just give me a ride to my hostel," He adds. We both climb on the bike one after the other and I start the engine.

"Are you even seeing anyone else since you started this so-called game?" He asks as I am whizzing down in the direction of the main gate

Exactly what Tracy asked me.

"You know I can't," I answer.

"Hmm," That is only what he can say and I chuckle in disbelief. All I just need is to be quick with it so that they can see that I am still me. I do not fall in love.

*********
Getting home, I stop by the kitchen to see Karen already gathering some ingredients on the table. We had planned on making Nigerian pancakes this afternoon and I can't wait to get started.

She is not wearing her toque this time and I can see she has styled her natural hair into spiced-up space buns. Damn! The hairstyle wholly suits her and she looks extraordinary.

"Hey, how was your test?" She lets out the moment she lay her eyes on me.

Her dazzling smile is having a spectacular effect on me to kiss her as I am walking towards her.