Aganau Chapter 8: Unwavering strength

"Mhmm..."

"Have you awakened now?" A familiar female voice spoke out, which at first Subaru couldn't tell who it was though he was aware that his head was laying on something...soft.

'This feels nice...wait a minute.'

He opened his eyes which at first, he saw a light before finally being able to make out who it was.  It just happens that he had been resting in Elsa's lap.

"WHAT THE?!"

He jumped up before jumping away from the Bowel hunter's position.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL—WHY?!"

"What? The other you wrote that you wouldn't mind—"

"Of course I mind! I'll only allow lap pillows with Emilia-tan...and Rem.  Not with just any women, especially with someone like you!"

As Subaru shouted this, he quickly regained his composure while Elsa just continued to have a 'friendly' smile towards him.

"My My, you look so embarrassed."

"I-I'm not! Anyway, where are we?" Subaru paused himself as he asked this question, trying to remember the last things that happened before ending up in Elsa's lap pillow.

'Wait...of course! That moron!' Subaru hit his head as he thought of this, remembering that his older self had knocked him out. 'What the hell's he thinking?! Damn.'

"What the hell is he thinking?" Subaru said out loud, hoping that the Bowel Hunter would respond to his question.  Elsa looked at the boy and just remained silent, prompting Subaru to question her.

"Why exactly are we here?"

"The other you wanted to split the group up, similar to your plan but in his own way."

"Of course." The boy said this as he face-palmed, figuring that his older self wanted to be the one to confront Sloth and Greed on his own. 

Before he could say anything, he along with Patrasche and Elsa noticed a couple of trees suddenly exploding off in the distance.

"The enemy is approaching us."

"...It must be Regulus.  He'll be a tough one to kill."

"Yes, but you mentioned that finding the wives nearby is the key to beating him.  How are they connected with him."

Subaru looks at Elsa, having heard her question.  This gave him an odd sense of déjà vu.

("That bastard always has his wives nearby.  They are the key in killing this annoying shit." Pride spoke to the Bowel Hunter, emphasizing the importance of finding the Sin Archbishop of Greed's wives.)

"That bastard always has his wives nearby. They are the key in beating him." Subaru said in a confident way to the Bowel Hunter, emphasizing the importance of finding Regulus's wives. 

Elsa didn't get a real response yet seeing the determination and confidence in the boy's eyes, she was willing to put some trust in this plan. 

The three turned towards Regulus's location, watching how he was closing in on them.

"He isn't someone to take lightly.  Go and find those wives of his.  I'll keep him occupied."

Elsa just gave a smile to Subaru before leaving off to do her part, finding the wives of the Sin Archbishop. 

Patrasche approached Subaru, ready to protect the young version of her owner. 

The boy turned towards the ground dragon and couldn't help but smile at her, always finding comfort that he can definitely rely on her.