Chapter 113 - Founding Ball Pt. 5

Heh~ I bet they would get flustered...

"D-don't worry about us, Miss Gwen! We already found pretty girls!" Kai nervously blabbered.

I blinked at him.

"Hoh?" Was Gwen's response, looking interested-- "So Kai is at that age huh. Who are they?" She added while grinning in mischief.

Lost seems to be curious on what he was talking about.

"Both of you!" His immediate reply. He then blushed after realizing what he said, even the tips of his ears are red from embarrassment.

It made us laugh out loud.

.

"You're so adorable!" Gwen commented and pinched him on his cheek.

It was a funny sight because I'm taller than Gwen, which means that Kai is also taller than her. After all, Kai has almost the same height as me.

I agree with her though, he is adorable! Just look at that tomato face of his, awwww~

"The Vinea family has arrived!" The announcer's voice loudly declared.

Just as we were distracted by Kai's cuteness, Rosamunde had finally graced us with her presence. There was a hush among the crowd, especially the right side, which we were currently in by the way.

I just noticed how everyone is openly divided into three parts, probably from some sort of political bullshit that I have no interest in.

The Vineas, as an aristocrat with the oldest heritage, marches in with proud faces. Their stances, even their straight backs, have an air of absolute arrogance in them. Especially their patriarch, Duke Yugo Vinea.

Wherever his eyes roam, he would look at it with a glance that is neither acknowledging nor snubbing. It's like he's looking at something that is not worth occupying his mind.

Though he surely harrumphed when he saw my father. I'm so sure he did! I just knew!

"Wow, talk about an entrance," Gwen murmured.

She must have felt the same overbearing air around them like me, which is why she had said that.

Rosamunde is now the center of everyone's attention for being the newcomer who is wearing an Elen design. As she settled to a table not far from us, her 'followers' immediately flocked her.

I don't have to guess what they are saying because I'm 100 percent sure that they are sucking up to her. Chiwa, however, frowned at the women and said something.

'No need to poke our noses...'

Not long after, the doors opened again and the royal messenger announced another family.

"The Ethalion family has arrived!"

Ah, it's Bea!

The side from where the duke of Vinea was in were all shooting hostile looks at the newly arrived Ethalions. It wasn't a recent discovery because I actually noticed it during the past palace events. I assumed that it was for the reason that both of their daughters are competing for Ezekiel's engagement.

It gets heated between families sometimes after all. But you know, I don't know anyone being mad at my dad, or maybe I'm just ignorant about these things.

Gwen and I greeted Bea as soon as she joined us. My squad is complete now!

By the way, don't tell Gwen. I was actually secretly watching Conrad and her during the time that the Ethalions had come in. There was an unresolved issue from way before when Gwen snapped at me for prying too much on their personal lives.

I tried to see if they are okay with each other and that they are not having some sort of lover's quarrel. I'm a sucker for romance if you still don't know.

I ship them so hard! So if they are really having problems right now, I want to help and fix them! For the sake of their happiness!

Well, I did watch them and noted that they are practically ignoring each other. Why?!

It made me sigh.

'I miss the days when Gwen would get all flustered just from Conrad's presence alone... Can we go back?'

They were so cute...

Maybe I can do something about it later... Yep, let's hatch a plan! For now, I am waiting for the rest of the stage actors...

The royal family still isn't here. Janus and Lukas are not around as well, I checked a while ago. Lastly, Estelle has yet to make an appearance.

I'm seriously looking forward to this evening and have been simulating it inside my mind before I sleep! I imagined every possible scenario that could happen tonight, and oh boy, did it make me excited.

"You look like you're very enthusiastic tonight, Nadia," Bea commented out of the blue.

I didn't notice that the two had stopped talking and were looking at me. They must have seen how putty I am right now.

"Yes, you're usually bored when it comes to these events but not this time. Hmmm, I wonder what's different?" Gwen piped in, agreeing with Bea.

A mischievous smile lifted my painted lips. Seeing that, both Gwen and Bea perked up instantly.

"What? What? There really is something!" Gwen gasped.

"You look kind of evil right now, Nads," Eon grumbled.

We all turned to him upon hearing his comment. He was there beside Kai, holding a plate of food and feeding the two guys who were with us.

When did he approach our table? Not just him, the others as well...

"Just seeing that smile gives me the creeps. Nads, you're thinking of something bad, aren't you?" Luther remarked.

Ah, the idiots have gathered...

"Why are you all here?" Gwen frowned at them.

"What? We are not welcome?" Conrad responded.

Oh, oh, oh! They're talking, they're talking!

Gwen looked at Conrad for a second before averting her eyes.

"Did I ever say that?" was her sarcastic answer.

They're talking alright, but what is that...

My brother, as usual, doesn't care at all and was just beside Lost and drinking wine. He looked good, I tell you! He's like a white sophisticated knight or a lord of a land or something.

My poor brain can't think of good metaphors, I'm sorry...

Somebody then joined our fray and tried to ease the tension between the two.

"Oh? What's up? A lover's quarrel?" Noah suddenly interjected.

"Noah!" Exclaimed Gwen.

She purposely ignored what he said just now, didn't she?

"Hello everyone!" He greeted us.

"We haven't seen you for so long. Is everything fine?" I asked.

Maybe there's a problem within his family. Noah deals with it all the time.

He smiled at me, "Family problems, nothing new. Good to see you all again," he sighed.

"Yeah, man. We didn't see you during graduation either," Eon remarked.

"Ah... I was dealing with something..." Noah answered while scratching the back of his head. His dark eyes avoided meeting ours and had looked really troubled.

We were all curious but didn't try to pry more. After all, he could tell us anytime if he wanted to. If he wants to keep it to himself, then we have no say about it.

'Poor Noah, getting distressed from all these issues within his family...'

I sincerely hope that it gets better for him.

"Glad you are here," I uttered and gave him a reassuring smile which he returned.

"Yeah, me too," he said, his dark eyes sparkling.