Chapter 128 - Founding Ball Pt. 15

'They do love to block everyone's path, huh. Especially mine.'

It's not like they deliberately did that. It just happens that I was going in this direction where they were currently in the middle of some stupid show of power to two poor souls that they handpicked.

It's just as I say, they are ganging up on two other ladies at the moment. Pretty childish but that's how brats in the nobility are.

"Where did you get this dress from? Did your brother steal it? Your father? Or was it you this time?" One of those annoying flies buzzed off.

I wasn't that far away from them now so I could hear them just as clearly. That's how loud they were being. There weren't many people out there who could see or hear them because they are hidden behind a wall, which is why they are that confident to do this. No one would confront them, nor put them in their place for being obnoxious.. As long as they don't do it publicly, they are safe from being berated.

Ironically, bullying also happens in broad daylight for all people to see or hear. But it is done in such an underhanded way that is neither taboo nor offending. Well, not the same to whom it was directed to anyway. Funnily enough, no one would talk against it and would just let it go. Sometimes, one good soul will step in but not everyone. As I've said before, the nobility is filled with nothing but privileged people.

The hypocrisy, am I right?

I spotted four ladies standing just in front of the restroom. What's more, they were all young, the same age as me. Two of them are playing the villain as they harassed one single person while the other one was defending her.

My eyes studied them lazily, taking note of their appearances and identities. That's when it came to me that they all looked fairly familiar. Very familiar. I had faced those two bullies a couple of times back when we were still in the Academy. Do you guys remember those two insufferable girls who kept showering me compliments and are trying so hard to gain my favor during the get-together that happened on the Assembly day?

No? That's good. You all don't need to remember them. They are not worthy of our precious time. Those two are prime examples of those privileged noble brats I talked about.

Nasty and downright annoying.

"She's not like that! Leave her alone!" A petite young woman with straight brown hair exclaimed, glaring at the two.

"What do you mean? Isn't her family a bunch of criminals? So it wouldn't be impossible that she would be one of them too," the brown curly-haired woman snickered.

"Also, it's impossible for someone like her to buy such an expensive dress like this. So what else did she do then?" The one with black hair seconded.

Her partner in crime glanced at her suggestively, "Maybe she sold herself to some rich old man out there!"

'Haahhh, those two still haven't changed one bit. Aren't they tired of being like that? And that's such a disgusting claim right there. If other people will hear it, I'm pretty sure that rumors would blow up in an instant.'

It would not only destroy her reputation, but it would also drag her whole name down to the dirt. She wouldn't be able to show her face without being scoffed at and she also wouldn't get to marry either. Which is considered a nightmare for women in nobility, I tell you.

'Not for me! Marriage is way out of my list, so no thank you.'

I am pretty set for life anyway, just from the fortune I get from designing dresses. If anything, I would be the one who would feed my husband!

"This is a gift!" Estelle justified herself.

Yep, the last person was Estelle. Just my utter luck again...

The black-haired woman sneered, "From one of your pimps?"

I don't remember their names nor do I want to, so forgive me for identifying them with the colors of their hairs.

Actually no, I retract my apology because I'm not a little bit sorry at all. There is no ounce of fvcks given in my heart and never will be.

"Excuse me, could the four of you move out of the way? You are blocking the path," I said while looking down at all of them. Can't help it, I'm tall.

The four all turned their heads on me in unison and they all have varying expressions. Some of them were surprised upon seeing me and the rest were looking rather complicated.

"M-Miss Nadia?" the petite woman stuttered.

'Oh, she knows me...'

"We are not entirely blocking the path though? You can still pass you know," the curly-haired woman said. It made my brow raised from how absurd it was.

"That's right? There's still space," the black-haired one agreed.

I quickly threw a look at the 'space' she was talking about. It was very narrow, my dress alone would not fit in there without pushing them onto the wall.

"How about you all just leave because this isn't a place to have your little meeting. Hmm?" I beamed at them.

I wasn't in the mood at the least. My head still felt uncomfortable and this banter isn't helping.

"Tch. Just because she's famous and came from a prestigious family, she feels entitled?" That was the black-haired woman, by the way, the most audacious out of the two.

She had not said it out loud but because I have a sharp sense of hearing, nurtured from the years of gossiping, I heard her. It wasn't just me, Estelle had heard it too.

I rolled my eyes heavenward. Why is it always about me? Don't these brats see what is wrong with them? I could fill an entire notebook with their negative traits alone but of course, they have to be an airhead.

"Whatever, just get out of my way," I grumbled. I don't think I have the energy left to deal with them, I just feel so damn tired.

'Now I want a glass of wine so I could drown my misery away. This ball is just painful...'

"And can y'all just admit that you two are insecure little bitches? You can't afford to buy it that is why both of you are being like that. I bet that no one even wanted to dance with you too because both of you are ugly. And I don't mean only your characters and manners," I then pointed to my face while still beaming at them-- "this too."

Just like that, I felt extremely satisfied when I saw both of their faces contorted in anger. It was like a movie in slow motion that filled me with great joy.

'That feels so damn great...'