Chapter 130 - Founding Ball Pt. 17

'Oh gosh... Now, what am I going to do with these girls?'

The two were both looking up at me in wonder. Yeah, looking up because how many times would I say it out loud that I'm taller than your average lady? Honestly, it makes me feel like some hunky giant sometimes. Whenever I see ladies who are smaller than me, I feel rather complicated.

They look so cute as if they are dainty flowers that are meant to be cherished. Then there's me and my not-so-cute height. I could pass as a man you know! Though a man shouldn't have boobs but whatever. I'm insecure with my height too! Well, I do like being able to look down at almost everyone...

Estelle's friend was obviously sparkling, she was bashful! While Estelle over here looked shy. Nevertheless, she seemed happy upon seeing me.

"It's an honor to meet you, Miss Nadia!" Estelle's friend exclaims.

"Oh my..." I mumbled and painted a smile.. Does it look fake to you? I don't care. I'm tired and I want to go home.

What is so honorable about crossing paths with me? These girls really do have such a strange way of thinking.

It seems that I am doomed to not reach my destination tonight because everyone is hindering me. Estelle's friend is currently blocking my path, yet again, which is why I can't just sweep past them and hide in the restroom forever.

The buzzing in my head has calmed down but I still feel a little out of my element. Next time, I should seriously keep watch on how many glasses of wine I drank or this would happen again. At this point, I'm going to end up a drunkard.

"I look up to you! Can I shake your hand?" The friend says out of the blue. She was blinking up at me with wide excited eyes.

I have no idea why she would want to do that but if it means that I could finally get to leave, then sure.

"Nice to meet you," I extended my arm and shook her hand which I took myself for a few seconds-- "Then if you'll excuse me..." I added and released her.

The woman looked so starstruck that she even froze while looking at her hand afterward.

Satisfied, I took a step forward to push her aside but before I could leave, someone clutched on my skirt. I turned my head and saw Estelle, timidly gazing at me.

'What noooow...'

I cracked a smile, "Yes?"

Let's see, do I look different? Like I'm not acting as usual? For example, why am I not making this unexpected meeting with her a big deal?

This is Estelle right here, my favorite heroine, and she's latching onto me like how a cute little sister would. If I was a man, I would have probably fallen in love with her like this. I mean, a cute girl who's clinging onto you as she looked at you with those adorable green eyes.

By the way, did I say she's my favorite? That's strange... I couldn't remember why she was a favorite in the first place, and what was the name of the book I was talking about again? I'm pretty sure she's the heroine but I forgot what it was generally about. All I could recall is that I was the villainess and of that story, or was I? The more I think about it, the more perplexed I get. Hmm...

Now, I'm kind of confused why I mentioned it. Geez, where is my grip?

'Ah... This is troublesome...'

Estelle bit her lip, "T-thank you... You saved me again," was her heartfelt gratitude.

I blinked at her as she shyly looked away, avoiding my eyes. She was still holding onto me and it seemed like she's not going to let go any moment from now.

This is painful, alright. She's so adorable that I wanted to squeeze her with my hands. Gosh, now I want a little sister! At the same time, I wanted to immediately leave and rest my mind.

So yeah, even though she's so cute, there's no sense in sitting around here longer.

"I didn't do it for you," I mumbled and flipped the lock of hair that was dangling in front of my face-- "They were both annoying as hell and refused to step aside. That's all there is to that," I added.

It is true. It's not that I deliberately helped Estelle from those two. I was pissed off from their airheadedness and how obnoxious they are. So being thanked like this is so stretched.

Estelle looked up as she smiled at me, "But you still helped me in a way... Thank you," she said.

The smile brought something more to her face. She looks even lovelier when she does it and she looks the brightest when she does so. This might be the reason why the male leads are fighting over her. Because she's so lovely and gentle, she would strike their protective instinct. Estelle is the type of woman that will always be treated tenderly and that's a popular trend with hulky men like the male leads.

Hulky? Pfft... I mean, these men are all the 'intense type'. There's Lukas who is obviously the crude one, Nathaniel who is egocentric in a way, Prince Ezekiel who's a sadist at heart, and then there's the mysterious Janus whom I still can't figure out.

'I see... those guys would obviously fall for women who look weak and need their protection... And that's Estelle for you.'

"If you say so..." I mumbled, not going to argue anymore.

I glanced at the hand which was still clutching my dress. Estelle must have noticed it and glanced down as well. As soon as she saw what I was looking at, she quickly released her hold, all the while turning red as roses.

"I'm sorry...!" She apologized and huddled closer to her friend.

I sighed internally, "It's fine..."

The two gazed at me again like two curious kittens, they both seemed to want to talk to me more but were holding back, especially her friend. They must be thinking in their heads right now that they are being a bother, it's plastered in their faces after all.

'Got to go...'

Ready to leave, I left one last look at them before turning to go. That is if I could really go. When I was about to freaking skedaddle out of there, I felt a tremor on the ground. I took one step and the world suddenly tilted or something.

'What the hell...?'

I grabbed my skirt to steady myself because I feel like I'm going to fall.

'Am I really that drunk?!'

"Oh no... Earthquake?" Estelle's friend whispered.

I looked at the two and saw them looking worried as they held onto each other.

Earthquake? Really?

Frowning, I stopped what I was about to do and concentrated. There really are tiny tremors on the ground, not that serious. But just as I thought of that, the ground shook crazily that I almost stumbled forward. Estelle and her friend had it worse because they are leaning on the wall which also shook violently, I tell you.

They both lurched forward, feet unsteady. Before they could plant their faces on the ground, I grabbed both of them with their arms. Another tremor happened, greater than the last but this time, there was a loud booming sound outside.

"What in the..."