381.Jungkook's Money

“Doctor Byun, please bestow the medicine!” She was especially agitated. Other doctors’ medicine could not help her scars to fade, but his prescription could.

“Your words are too heavy.” Baekhyun pushed his glasses up. “You’re my patient. You even took a queue number to wait. Naturally, I will fulfill my responsibilities to give you an examination and prescribe you the necessary medication.”

Fuck!

Lisa could not help but curse internally.

In her previous life, Baekhyun had been biased against her. Although she clearly hinted her request to him and even asked Jungkook to urge him on her behalf, he refused to prescribe the medication for her no matter what.

He had wanted her scars to remain for life.

He even politely urged her to look in the mirror everyday to see what a poor match she was for Jungkook.

If she had known it was this easy to obtain medicine from Baekhyun, she wouldn’t have taken all those roundabout turns in her previous life.

Baekhyun personally gave her an examination with his instruments. He then prescribed her a large tub of medicinal paste. He instructed her to apply it on her face after the scabs fell and assured her that they would not leave any scars behind.

Furthermore, he explained that the medicine was good for the skin and would even improve her skin quality.

Lisa expressed her gratitude repeatedly and held the tub of legendary medicine happily to climb into Bambam’s SUV. “Let’s return to the Yu Ting Villa.”

“Miss Lee, you appear to be in a very good mood?” Bambam asked him while driving.

She glanced at him. “You don’t seem to hate me anymore?”

“As you said, we should know what gratitude is.” Bambam responded expressionlessly. “If it weren’t for you, Boss would already have shot me to death.”

Lisa was startled. “Maybe he was joking with you? He wouldn’t actually have shot you.”

“He doesn’t joke about these things.”

“Is that so?” She responded musingly. “I should ask him about this one day to see if he really will.”

She glanced at his swollen, sorry state. “Do you hate him now?”

“No.” He said, “From the day I decided to follow him, my life belonged to him. I have no resentment if my master wishes for my death.”

He then changed the topic and glanced at her. “You’re a bringer of misfortune and you’re even ugly. If I had to hate someone, it would be you!”

As expected, he was still an honest man who didnt know how to control his mouth. She nodded. “Makes sense. Go ahead and hate me then.”

He scratched his short hair with some embarrassment. “Hehe, I’m not sure why, but it seems like aside from being ugly, there’s nothing really bad about you.”

It seemed like he couldn’t really hate her?

“Aside from having a dirty mouth.” Although she hated being called ‘ugly’, she still patted him on the shoulder generously. “You’re not too bad either.”

The two of them chatted leisurely and quickly returned to the Yu Ting Villa.

In the city centre, outside the Sheng Shi Group’s CEO’s office, Baekhyun spoke to the CEO’s assistant guarding outside. “I have something to speak to the Commander about. Please pass on my request.”

A minute later, the assistant gave him a ‘please’ gesture. “You may enter.”

Baekhyun stepped into the room and spoke politely to Jungkook, who sat behind a large office desk made of red wood. “CEO…”

Jungkook glanced at him emotionlessly. “It’s after-work hours. Why are you here?”

“This subordinate has some private matters.”

“Speak.” His attitude was stern.

Baekhyun respectfully offered a bank card. “I am unable to accept your money.”

Jungkook frowned. His cold, handsome features immediately appeared heavy. “When did I give you money?”

“Back at Imperial Capital, I paid around twenty thousand dollars for my meal after the ninety percent discount.” Baekhyun responded. “Miss Lee visited me today to hand me this card. There is thirty thousand dollars in it. She said she was the one who invited me for the meal and insisted on paying for it.”