5 ~ Take a Break

'Hey, Azul!'

He loved the way his name sounded when she said it. How she would beam at him with cheer, waving excitedly. It made him feel cherished and loved.

It was too bad that Vil decided to check on Yuu's progress; he'd deemed that she didn't have to get lessons from Azul anymore and that it would be best to end them, much to both of their disappointments.

Though it warmed his heart how she still come to visit him, despite no longer being bound by their contract.

He let out a long sigh, drawing away from the papers he was working on. Glancing at the time, he realized that Yuu would likely be coming around soon.

"Hey, Azul!"

'Right on time.'

Azul allowed his demeanor to relax slightly as she shut the door. "Hello, Yuu. How can I help you?" His eyes flitted up to her. "A deal, perhaps?" He always greeted her this way, though it was more like a joke between the two of them than an actual proposition (though if she ever was in need of a deal, he would be quick to help her out).

"You ought to take a break from working so hard," she said, relaxing into one of the leather couches and raising up her feet to put on the table before remembering that Azul hated it when people did that. She lowered them to the floor once again, eying all of the papers on his desk.

He pinched between his eyebrows resignedly. "I wish I could, but there's so much to do."

She tilted her head to look at him. "Can I help with anything?"

"That would be nice, but it's alright. I don't think you'd be able to help with this." A slight laugh escaped him as he noticed her pouting at him. "I'm not insulting your intelligence. I would take you up on your offer if it was anything else, but this is simply one of those tedious, one person tasks."

Yuu gestured him over with her hand. "C'mon, just a few minutes! You'll burn out if you're always working so hard. Don't think I haven't noticed your dark circles when you're not wearing makeup."

"As I said earlier, I wish I could, but-"

He was cut off by Yuu forcefully grabbing his arm, dragging him to the couch, and laying him down so his head was resting in her lap.

His face immediately flushed a deep shade of red and he tried to move, but she held him down firmly. "This is what you get for refusing to take a break~"

"Yuu, please, I really have lots to do," he pleaded, though all of his cries fell on deaf ears. She wasn't going to take it.

She ran a hand through his hair, gently stroking it in a soothing manner. "Ten minutes. That's it, then I'll let you get back to work. Just relax for ten minutes," she said softly, giving him a gentle smile that contrasted with her usual brassy demeanor that tended to get her scolded by her housewarden.

"...Fine."

Azul still found it insanely hard to relax when he was laying on his crush's thighs-his heart was going a million beats per minute-but he did have to admit that it felt nice, being doted on like this. He removed his jacket and moved it to his side, and Yuu draped it on top of him like a makeshift blanket, only making him more comfortable.

With every second he spent in that position, he felt his muscles relax and his mind calm down more and more. He didn't know when it happened, but he let his guard down enough so that he was completely comfortable, getting so used to the contact with Yuu and her quiet humming that he actually managed to fall asleep in her lap.

A small chuckle escaped Yuu's lips upon seeing his eyes drift shut and his breathing settle. She carefully removed his glasses, clipping them to the front of her uniform before returning to carefully running her hands through his silky hair. "You really were tired, huh, Azul?" She made sure to keep her voice at little above a whisper, not wishing to disturb his tranquility.

The door opened and Yuu almost flinched, only being able to suppress her reaction because she didn't want to startle the peaceful boy resting in her lap.

Jade paused for a moment before entering, a smirk growing on his face. "Don't mind me," he said casually, walking to Azul's desk and grabbing the papers he was working on. "He wasn't responding to any of my messages, so I thought I'd check in. Let him know that I'm taking care of these, if you could."

He left as quickly as he came, leaving the two of them alone in Azul's office once more.