-36- Juliette

"So uhh who are you exactly??" I fiddle with the hem of my oversized shirt

"Where are we going?" I watch as the drivers head tilts slightly, he glances at me in the rear view mirror.

"Am I like, being kidnapped? Or is this some stupid joke?" Now it's the man to my left who glances at me. I'm surrounded by huge masked men, to my left and right, in the driver's seat and the passenger seat. They are all pretty buff and all of them have weird masks and none of them speak.

"Can on if you answer me please!" I throw my hands up in frustration, smacking them down on my legs. If I'm being kidnapped this is the most chilled out kidnapping I've ever seen.
No bag over my head or gag in my mouth.

"Hello?? Can you even hear me??" I wave my hand in front of one of their faces, the guy to my right. He sits there blank for a moment as I wave and click trying to get some form of response.

"Brat." He finally snaps harshly gripping my wrist before digging in his pocket for something, a zip tie. With a single hand her holds my wrists together there's no use fighting him when I know I'll never win so I just sit there as he binds my wrists.

The other men, minus the driver, are staring at him like he's done something wrong.
"What? She was pissing me off, I'm sure he won't mind a little bondage." His deep modified voice practically whines as he explains himself.
"Your funeral, idiot." The passenger sighs turning back to the front.

***

The car comes to a sudden stop and the men all file out quickly, the one to my left stands by his door staring at me whilst the others go on with what ever they need to be doing.

I sit there frozen, unsure if I should move, if I should get out of the car. If I leave any safety that I might of had left, is gone.

Trust me.

I take a deep breath and close my eyes for a short moment before shuffling towards the broody man who gently, but firmly takes hold of my upper arm guiding me towards a building. A very large building, one could call it a mansion but I don't think that would describe how physically large it is.

I'm too busy admiring the building I don't notice we've stopped in front of a middle-aged man.

"Beautiful isn't it? He sure knows how to pick a place." Someone who will actually look at my face, maybe he will answer my questions.
"Yes, very beautiful. Who is... he, exactly?"
"Ahh you'll find out very soon sweetheart. Very, very soon." He grins, his gaze is pointed over my shoulders, looking at something behind me.

Before I have the chance to look at explosion sounds directly where he was looking. I flinch away turning towards the sound only to be met with smoke and dust.

"He's your man sweetheart. Always makes an entrance."
"Wha- who?" Just as I ask the question a silhouette of a man can be seen emerging from the cloud of dust.

"JULIETTE!! GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN!" He yells with arms open wide. Again?
"Um I think you have the wrong person," I turn back to the man behind me
"My name isn't Juliette."
"Don't worry, Rose. All your questions will be answered." A ginger haired man gestures to the man who's approaching me and when I turn back to ask him another question he's no longer there.

The explosion man is now a few feet away from me, if I were to talk he could hear it now.
"My name isn't Juliette! You've got the wrong person!"
"Oh but you are so wrong little girl, you're the one we have been waiting for. My my you have grown since we last talked."
"I don't know who you are!"

He's now but a foot away, I could spit and it would splatter in his eye causing him to stumble back.

I'm too curious to spit.

"Who are you?"
"A name is such a simple thing. Meaningless.
Why don't I show you who I am instead, dear"
He walks past me, talking a hold of my shoulders and turning me as he walks. His greedy hands wraps around my shoulders as we make way towards the building. The dirt path, crunching beneath the soles of our shoes.

"You're working with Ace Romano, yes?"
"I wouldn't exactly say working with but-
"Cool. Juliette do you understand the serenity of this whole situation?" He cuts me off.
"My name isn't-
"Okay yep. And Arthur?? How's he going?? Old man hit the hay yet?"
"What? How do you-
"Sounds good sweetheart." He opens the door and we are standing in the most amazing place I could ever imagine.

"Like what you see?"
"Do I like what I see??" I repeat sarcastically
"That's what I said sweet. Now this whole place could be yours once more, I just need you to answer some questions, can you do that for me?" He's talking to me like I'm a child, an infant.
"Sir if you don't mind-
"Good! Let's get started, follow me." He makes his way down a hall next to a set of stairs.

I can't even finish a sentence, this man is so ignorant.

"I recommend you do what I say sweetheart."
His voice echos down the hall.
"Ace wouldn't want you to return full of bullets now would he?"
"Bullets?"

No response.

I rush down the hall after this man, this mysterious man who I have no idea about.
Who just threatened to fill my body with bullets.

This is going to be a fun vacation.

***