Chapter 14

Y/n's POV

"What the fuck!?" I screamed as I fell over the large pile of clothes for the 3rd time.

I was busy trying to figure out what to wear for tonight. Rafe was taking me on a date and I was panicking.

Both Sarah and Kie decided to help me. So far it's been a shit show.

They won't stop arguing about bullshit middle school drama.

"Well you didn't invite me." Kie spoke.

"Ok and?" Sarah said.

"You were my best friend. My only friend." Kie seemed genuinely sad.

"Ok look guys I get you guys have a past but if your not gonna help me please leave because your stressing me out." I said before they could say anything else.

"Sorry Y/n." Sarah said.

"Ok so I was thinking I go for like a Y2K/Grunge vibe tonight." I told them.

"You could wear this skirt." Kie picked up my black belt buckle skirt and I found my fishnets.

I wear them religiously.

I found a butterfly shirt and decided I'd wear that with an oversized jacket.

"Ok so we got the outfit down. Which shoes? Thigh highs or regular docs?" I asked them.

"Thigh highs"

"Regular docs."

They said at the same time. I rolled my eyes and walked out of my room towards my brothers.

"Hey I need your help." I said and he took his head set off.

"What is it?" He asked .

"Outfit? I'm going out with Rafe and I can't figure out which shoes to wear and the girls disagree on everything." I told him.

"Well go put the outfit on, and put one of each shoe on and then come back." He said turning back to his game.

"Thanks." I said rushing to put the outfit on.

I put on one of the docs and on of the thigh highs before going back to his room.

"The docs aren't enough bazazz for you. Definitely the thigh highs." He told me.

"Ok thank you." I ran back to my room and started on my makeup.

"I'm gonna go home ok?" Kie said and I hugged her goodbye.

"God she's annoying." Sarah said right as Kie walked out.

"She's my friend to you know." I told her as my hair went into messy space buns.

"I know but like why?" She asked.

"She welcomed me the same as you did. Plus I'm not gonna not be friends with someone based on they're place in the human food chain. Kies a great person, and you know it." I told her.

"I guess." Sarah sighed.

"Keep your guys drama out of my friendships with both of you. It's not fair to anyone." I said as I went to brush my teeth before Rafe got here.

"So you and my brother? How had it been going?" She asked

"If you must know, amazing. He treats me like a princess." I smiled at her as I sprayed perfume all over myself.

"That's surprising. I can't believe you guys have gotten this far." She said and I look at her curiously.

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

"Well once he has sex with a girl he drops them and moves to the next." She said so nonchalantly.

I stayed quiet and spaced out for a second. Could that really be what's going on? Is it really all just for sex? He said it wasn't but that could be a ploy for him to just have sex with me...

"Wait... have you guys even..." She made a face and I shook my head no.

"Holy shit! So he's actually trying?! This is actually insane.
Ok, you look so good. I'm gonna go before he gets here but you have fun tonight. I love you!" She squealed as she left excitedly.

I stood in my room, being the over thinker that I am, wondering if it was just a game.

I went downstairs and my mom was cutting the girls hair in the kitchen.

"Hey hon, where you going?" My mother asked.

"Uh, out with Rafe." I told her.

"Why the sad face then?" She asked me.

"It's nothing ok? He's here though I gotta go." I told her before saying our goodbyes and waking out the door.

Rafe was in the drive way and I put a smile on my face and got In the car.

"Hey princess." He leaned in for a kiss and I hesitated.

"What's wrong?" He asked

"Nothing... Im just hungry." I tried to play it off.

"Ok well give me a kiss and we can go eat." He said and I leaned over and gave him a quick peck.

He stayed still for a second still confused and my skiddish behavior but he started the car and drove off.

My leg bounced as I played with my fingers. I could here the radio playing softly and his fingers tapping on the steering wheel.

"What's going on with you? Your quiet." He said.

"It was nothing Rafe Sarah was just talking to me about some stuff."  I told him and his mood shifted slightly.

"What did she say to you?" He asked.

"Nothing it was stupid, I shouldn't have believed it anyway." I said still not looking at him.

I felt the car veer slightly and I looked up to see him pulling over.

"Look, me and Sarah don't have the best relationship, and she knows things that I'm not ready for you to know yet. I know that sounds fucked up but I'm really not trying to mess this up." He said and I looked over at him.

"So please tell me what she told you." He spoke calmly but you could see he was upset.

"She was just saying that she was surprised we had gotten to this point. So I asked her what she meant and she just said that normally when you have sex with a girl you drop them right after and I told her we haven't had sex yet. She acted so surprised and I don't I know I guess it got me thinking..." I told him honestly.

His face dropped and for a second I thought he was mad at me.

"I'm sorry Y/n... but... she's kind of right. I'm being honest when I tell you I really like you. I really don't want to mess this up but a lot of what Sarah might tell you, regardless of how I feel about it, is true. But I don't want you for just sex. I'll tell you that until you believe it. If you never believe it then I'll tell you forever. But please don't let Sarah put shit in your head." He said.

"I don't want you to feel uncomfortable with me just because of what other people say..." He said as he grabbed my hand causing me to look at him.

"I don't feel uncomfortable with you, I just... your right. People say a lot of stuff about you and I'm an over thinker so I can't really help thinking like that. I don't want to because I feel like I trust you enough but I'm just scared. I don't want you to be like every other guy that I've been with because I really like you to I I hope I'm not second guessing myself." I told him and a smirk spread out on his face.

"You really like me?" He asked and I chuckled rolling my eyes.

"Of course I do. That's why I'm worrying so much." I told him.

"Well, don't worry. I'm not going anywhere. Why don't we just have a good night ok?" He said and I nodded.

"Alright, I hope your actually hungry because I have reservations for this roof top restaurant in the mainland so we have to take a ferry." He said as he started the car again.

"I am starving." I told him and we both laughed.

I really hope my over thinking gets in the way anymore...