𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 77: 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐿𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝐻𝑎𝑢𝑙

A/N: sooo there is a bit of spice in this chapter... read if you want, or skip if you want; whatever makes you comfortable! <33

✯¸.•'*¨'*•♡︎ ♡︎•*'¨*'•.¸✯

By the time we were done at the spa, it was the evening time.

I had been anxiously waiting for the next time I would see Eli. I needed to talk to him. To apologize, to thank him...

I thought about him for the rest of my time at the spa. When I was getting a facial, the lady doing it had to keep telling me to relax my face. A smile had kept growing without me trying.

I said goodbye to Moon, Yasmine, and Sam, saying thank you to Moon once more, before getting in my car and driving straight to Eli's house.

I walked up to his front door and knocked, impatiently waiting for him to open the door.

When the door finally opened, Eli was there. A warmth spread through my body as a feeling of relief came over me.

Eli is always there. I don't mean at the door, I mean he's always there for me when I need him. He always supports me, no matter what. And I love him too much to jeopardize that.

His face was as handsome as ever. I felt like I was seeing him for the first time again. His light brown hair hung free. He'd been growing it back since it was cut, and man, it was looking good.

"Y/n, is everything ok?" Eli walked closer to me, a slightly worried expression on his face.

"Eli, I'm so sorry," I said.

"What for?" Eli chuckled kindly.

"I'm sorry I've been so moody, I'm sorry I've been distant, and, one last time, I'm sorry for blowing it at the All Valley." Eli tried to cut in, but I continued talking.

"Moon helped me out a lot today. So, I'm done sulking. I'm sick of it. I'm not giving up. I'm here for the long haul," I finished, looking at him with determination.

Eli looked back at me, before a handsome smile lit up his face. He pulled me into him, wrapping his arms around me. "I knew you'd come around," he said into my hair.

"Eli," I pulled away, "Thank you. For everything. I couldn't have done any of this without you."

"I think you could have. You're strong," he spoke. His words reminded me of my mother's. "Although, I am glad to have been here to witness it all."

I laughed and hugged him again, before we both leaned in and connected our lips. We were interrupted by a call from inside the house.

"Boys! Dinner!" Mrs. Moskowitz yelled, calling for Eli and his dad. Eli and I both looked at the door for a moment. "Hungry?" my boyfriend looked back at me. 

"Would I be intruding?" I asked. Eli laughed, as if what I asked was a joke. "Oh please. She cooked a lot of food tonight, for some reason. I bet she somehow sensed that you would be here. Please, come eat with us."

I thought about it for a moment, before nodding my head. Eli slid his hand into mine, and guided me back into the house and to the kitchen.

"Mom, we've got another person tonight," Eli said to his mother as we rounded the corner. Funnily enough, Mrs. Moskowitz already began making a fourth place at the table.

Mrs. Moskowitz's face lit up with excitement. "I'm so happy you're here, Y/n! I knew you'd come! Let's call it my mothers' instinct!" She pulled me in for a warm hug.

Me, Eli, and his parents all had dinner together, Mrs. Moskowitz's food as good as ever. We laughed, talked, and had fun.

When dinner was coming to a close and plates were empty, Eli took my plate. "Let me wash it for you." He winked, before taking it back to the sink.