31

Y/N POV

I was so exhausted after everything that had happened, at some point, after I stopped crying I fell asleep in Taylor's arms, finally allowing myself a much needed break. 

When I woke the next morning, I was still in quite a bit of pain, but compared to yesterday, I was doing better. Knowing that Taylor would be upset if I tried to get up, I decided to just stay in bed and enjoy the feeling of the cold sheets and comforter around me for a little longer. 

A couple moments later, I heard the sound of Taylor talking, but I didn't hear anyone else, so I figured she was probably on the phone.

"He's doing okay. I checked on him every couple of hours last night, had him drink some water, made sure he knew where he was and all that. It was rough when we got home, but the good news is, he's very strong and has got plenty of time to rest and heal. How are you guys doing?"

A pause, followed by the sounds of food sizzling in a pan on the stove. My stomach grumbled. Taylor continued. "That's good. Glad the flight went well. When are you doing the press conference?" Another pause. "Gotcha. No, I haven't told Y/n about the video yet. He's obviously gonna find out about it, so I will tell him, but right now I want him to focus on his recovery. He doesn't need to worry about the media. Alright, I've got to go, breakfast is nearly done, but send the team my love and please let them know he's okay. Thanks Lex. Love you."

All of a sudden I was wide awake. What video? Worry about what with the media? I had a million and one questions and not a single answer. Picking up my phone, I quickly opened Twitter, only to have my mouth fall open in shock once I saw what she meant.

#JoeAlwynisover was trending number one worldwide, along with a security camera video of our fight. There were millions of tweets expressing horror and outrage about the event, along with concern for my well being. I saw a fair share of tweets in support of Joe, which made me want to throw my phone across the room.

There were also thousands of Tweets mentioning both Taylor and the fight. It seemed people were beginning to put the pieces together about me and the pop star, and how our relationship might have been a factor in the fight.

I was so distracted by the shitstorm, I hadn't even realized the door had opened, or that Taylor had just entered with a tray of food. The second she saw me looking anxiously down at my phone, she knew that I knew about it, and she put the tray down on top of our dresser and hurried over to me.

"Y/n, baby..."

"How did this happen? How did the video get out?" I asked.

The blond shook her head, now sitting next to me on the bed. "I don't know. Alex said the team is hosting a press conference about it later today, but if you feel like you want to release a statement about it, you absolutely should. I know it's difficult, but I don't think being on social media is the best thing for you right now. People are going to make their assumptions and have their opinions about what happened. You need to focus on yourself, not on them. When the time comes, you, or me, or even both of us can say something about it. I don't think that right now is the right time."

As much as the whole situation upset me, I knew Taylor was right. The wounds were too fresh, the fight had literally just happened, and trying to control things that I didn't have any control over would only make me feel worse.

"Here, let's eat some breakfast." She brought the tray over and set it down in front of me. My mouth watered at the sight of her cooking, and the food was a nice way to get my mind off things.

We enjoyed the meal together, periodically talking about Taylor's album, or what the team was doing. I was super disappointed I wouldn't be able to participate in the games this month, but at the same time I was grateful to get to spend so much time with my girlfriend. As per usual, she didn't go into much detail about her album, even when I asked a hundred questions. 

Toward the end of breakfast, Taylor looked over at me a little nervously. 

"What?" I asked, wondering what was up.

"Um, my invitation to the Emmy's came in the mail this morning...I know this is probably not a great time to ask you, but I didn't want to wait until the last minute." She took a nervous breath.  I was wondering if you'd maybe want to go with me...? As my date?"

That was the last thing I ever expected her to say in that moment, but somehow it was one of the best possible outcomes. Taylor and I had not yet gone public with our relationship, despite the many pictures of us hanging out and the fan speculation, nothing was confirmed, and this would be our chance to do that.

A smile slowly formed on my lips. "You mean...we go as a couple?" 

She nodded. "I feel ready to tell the world about us, but I understand if you're not, so there's so pressure to say yes--"

"Taylor, I'd love to." I told her earnestly. 

The blue eyed woman smiled widely. "You would?"

I leaned in and kissed her, ignoring the sudden flare of pain in my ribs. "Of course, are you kidding? Any opportunity I have to tell people you're mine, I will take."

My girlfriend giggled, falling back onto our bed. "It's cute you think I belong to you, when we all know you belong to me."

I gave her an incredulous look, to which she responded by biting her lip with a cute, knowing smirk. "Baby boy I could walk you like a dog and you'd beg me not to stop." 

A rosey blush bloomed across my cheeks, but I didn't let that stop me from delivering my own witty reply. "Oh I'm sure you dream about that, don't you? I wonder if the fans realize how much you like being called mommy."

Taylor sat back against the headboard. "I wonder if the fans realize how much you like calling me mommy. I bet that dick of yours gets hard just thinking about it, isn't that right?"

Swallowing a little nervously, I knew I couldn't say she was wrong. When I didn't say anything, she continued. "Let me hear you say it."

"Yes." I breathed.

"Yes what, Darling?" She was toying with me, but fuck I loved it.

"Yes, Mommy."

"Good boy. Don't get too excited, though. You've got a good two weeks of healing before we're doing anything."

A loud, frustrated groan left my mouth. "Don't remind me. I don't think I'll be able to go even a day without cumming."

Taylor's eyes lit up with a devilish glint. "What do you say we put that to the test? If you can go more than a week without cumming, then I will give you a very special gift for your birthday. However, if you cum at any point before hitting the one week point, then you get nothing more than dinner and a movie. What do you say?"

Intrigued, I shrugged. "Okay, but do I at least get to know what the "very special gift" is?"

She shook her head. "Of course not, Honey. That's half the fun. I will say, though, that whatever you think it is, it'll be even better. What do you say?"

"Challenge accepted."