45. Daydreaming (Genix)

(Been awhile. This book really needs some major edits and tweaks. Please enjoy this update as I need to reconnect with the Aphmau fandom again)

He was so incredible. Just absolutely incredible.. When would he get his shot to make a move on him? This incredible guy he's known for so long? With those magical sky scaled eyes, ice glazed gaze? They stalked his thoughts every second-

Zenix flinched as the school bell suddenly rang. His eardrums burning from the note difference. He should really complain about how rude that bell was. Sighing, he pulled his fist away from propping up his head. Guess he should get out of here. Better than being at some dump school with annoying freshman.

The now senior got up as the rest of his class rushed out. He rolled his eyes with vast sarcasm. Idiots. Zenix slung his bag over his shoulder as a response but ended up following his classmates out of the room. He didn't even pay attention to the teacher the entire hour. A certain raven in his head.

Maybe he should call him? No, no. That would make the younger seem desperate. Right? He should give Gene space after all. The college student needed his life to himself. Zenix let out a heavy exhale. School without Gene was way more boring and honestly made his heart waver.

Zenix looked down the hall, waiting for everyone to clear out. Easier than playing crossy-roads a million times a day. He'd rather keep his head and feet of course.

His powerful footsteps.. They could be heard from five halls down when he was enrolled here. Everyone knew when to expect his presence. And while it filled them with fear, it filled Zenix with reassurance. The strong male would always back him up, protect him if needed. Something really felt special inside.. Now the spot is empty..

Blinking harshly, Zenix realized he had zoned off again while waiting. Just great.. At least the hallways were clear. He looked at his watch. He had maybe a minute and a half to get to his next class. Eh, he'd probably make it.

He started off then. His chocolate hair falling over his face as he stepped. It's grown a little bit as he grew up and matured. His bangs ironically pulling his rough look together. It often contrasted with Sasha's silvery hair she had. Opposites do tend to attract. He was grateful to still have her by his side.

Zenix glanced as a few kids rushed past him to get to their classes. He didn't care if he was late. As long as he got there, he supposed. He was too tired to care. He cared more when Gene gave him a motive to.

Gene's voice commanding and standing. It said his name with a siren's grace and an angel's guidance. Zenix was never tired of his voice. It dripped off Gene's tongue like liquid gold that easily grabbed his younger comrade. It haunted him in his dreams, enchanted his thoughts.. Clearly.

He missed Gene so much. Slowly, Zenix came to a halt. His feet felt like concrete blocks when it came to thinking of the raven leader. His throat became thick from holding back sobs. He was constantly stopping himself from being weak. Missing a guy? Really? Yes. Really. Zenix glanced towards where his classroom was. He didn't want to go anymore.

Instead, he turned sharply and forced himself to walk out of the school. He found the nearest exit without being caught. He ignored the bell this time, pushing the door open to his escape. Fresh air filling his lungs, and he relaxed a bit. Finally. Though a single, weighed tear fell in response. His feet taking turns down each stair til he was on the ground. He looked around to make sure no one saw him. Last thing he wanted was to be in extra trouble plus him skipping.