51 ⭑ Semi Charmed Life.*

"I want something else to get me through this Semi-charmed kinda life, baby, baby..."
Semi Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind.

✰ ✰ ✰

Metal music shaking the shit out of Harlow's house like it was made out of paper-mache was what woke me up from my good dream

And I may have been an amazing, patient, loving girlfriend... but if there was one thing I didn't play about, it was my fucking sleep.

It was only nine o'clock on the morning.

I'd never known Harlow to wake up before noon, so he was either off his meds or doing scientific research on the worst way in the universe to wake up your girlfriend who did nothing to deserve the torture he was currently putting me through.

So, in other words off his meds, because he would do meth before he'd do science.

"Mmmm. Harlow!..." I yelled in frustration. I rolled out of bed, my tank-top half on and half off, exposing the side of my tits. But, I didn't have time to care. I kept the pillow I slept with pressed to my ears as I stumbled from the bedroom like a drunk who wandered his way home from the bar.

It was a struggle and a half to get down the stairs and even more of a struggle for my brain to figure out where the fuck the music was coming from.

It got painfully louder when I reached the garage door, and when I opened it, I was practically hit by a shockwave of hard sound.

Niko, Mikey, and Harlow had set up their band equipment in the garage and were playing like they had a live audience. It was good, so fucking good, but...

"Too loud!" I yelled into the garage, waiting for Harlow to see me--for any of them to see me, but, they didn't. Not even a glance was given in my direction. Not even Harlow who always had spidey-senses for me. He was facing away from the door, sitting on the bench behind his drums shirtless, sweaty and headbanging as he played. His arms were red and the veins in them were protruding from the stuffy atmosphere in the garage.

If this were any other day, I would've watched and drooled, adoring him like a groupie.

Today, I was not.

Right next to the basement door was the electrical panel; the power for the house, and I didn't hesitate for another second before cutting off the main switch to the kitchen/garage.

The entire garage went dead silent and pitch black and I heard shuffling among the dark.

"Awe shit!"

"Did we blow a fuse again?"

I flicked it back on with my finger and the light came back, as well as the hum from the amps stacked all around them.

"No. But I might."