53 ⭑ Toxicity.

"Somewhere, outside there are tricks and evil..."
Lhabia by Deftones.
TW: Mention of Sex Trafficking, Kidnapping, Assault.

The last memory I had of New York was getting into a screaming match with my ex-wife--and as it turned out, that was going to be my big welcome back too

Except it wasn't me yelling this time.

It was my insane girlfriend.

"Cosette, Cherry, Cherry, Cosette. We've met before. Let's save ourselves the pleasantries, yeah? You don't need to pretend to like me and I don't want you to. But, you will listen to me and from now on, this is how we will be running shit." In a bar across from the Rosewood hotel, Cherry commanded the attention of everyone in our booth; Zayn, Niko, Cosette, Jimmi, and me.

If she had enough bite in her voice to silence a mobster, I didn't wanna see her when she really was angry.

Or fuck, maybe I did, because I was already hard just watching her make Cosette her bitch.

Me next.

"Harlow and Zayn have been in charge of Bella's investigation from the beginning as far as I know. You, have not. Which means," Cherry took the cigarette from her stained red lips and put it out in the ashtray, "You hold no cards."

"You're irrelevant to this and they could just as easily find Bella without your help. But, Harlow, being the kind person he is, or rather, the person you manipulate him into being--is willing to let you be involved. Now," She stopped to laugh, shaking her head, "While there isn't an ounce of care in my body for someone who cheats and emotionally abuses their husband, there is an ounce of pity in me for someone who lost their child, which is why--"

Cosette cut her off with a petty, uncomfortable laugh, "I don't understand why you're even here--"

"Which is why," Cherry repeated herself in a clippier tone, silencing her, "If you take back your threat to sue, stop the pitiful charade of a 'broken mother', behave like a fucking adult and quit being an insufferable bitch to us every five seconds, we'll let you be involved and make a deal."

"You didn't answer my question." Cosette said with a scoff, not impressed, "I said... why the fuck are you here?"

"Do I need to shove his dick down my throat for you to get the memo? I'm his fucking girlfriend."

"Oh, Cher..." I hid my smile behind a drink of scotch.

"So, you being his girlfriend gives you a right to make decisions for my child?" Cosette pointed a finger against her chest, "'Sweetie, you're what? Nineteen? Eighteen? I am twenty-three years old, we are not the same. What makes you think you know a damn thing about being a mother?"

Zayn, Niko, Jimmi, and I all knew better than to get involved in this conversation.

This was lady drama.