Chapter 18: Promised to the Wicked

Malik and a suitable song ------>

The hour passed quicker, much quicker than I would have hoped.

Maddie and Serena came back with two purple bridesmaids dresses and after hearing the news about how close the wedding was, Serena had a big arguement with Malik about not getting hair and make up completely done fast enough. Malik just ignored her and said either be ready or don't be a part of it which sent Serena into a bad mood and so none of the bridal party were actually talking as we waited for the end of the hour to approach.

It made me more nervous, waiting like a siting duck for the hour to end.

I had a bad feling in my stomach, it was so sickening because of what I was going to lie about that I had to get Maddy to help me put my dress and shoes on whilst Serena was doing her own make up.

I nervously began tapping my foot on the floor, twidling my thumbs at the same time. If it were possibly to wear a hole into a floor by starring at it for a long time then the floor in mine and Malik's bedroom stood no chance.

The sickening feeling in my stomach soon turned to a pain and I began to double over with it, that's how much it hurt.

Serena went off with Maddy to get a witch to make sure I didn't have any internal bleeding or anything like that from yesterday's near death experience; but I knew the truth, I wasn't bleeding inside I was dying inside.

I felt guitly to my own kind and the time that I spent just waiting for my own sham wedding was imbearable.

I began pacing around the room, most brides get wedding jitters but I manage to get wedding phobia.

"Where's Serena?" Sedrick said bluntly, scanning the room for a sign of her presence.

"Not....here..." I said, panicking.

He just nodded and went to leave the room but I couldn't stand being alone anymore.

"Sedrick!" I blurted out, making him turn around and stare at me with a questioning look on his face.

"What?" he said quite rudely.

"Please...just stay and talk to me...I can't..." I just shook my head instead of finishing the sentance. What I really wanted to say was 'I can't go through with this wedding' but I wasn't going to say that, marrying Malik is my ticket out of here.

"Fine." he said and then walked over to the bed, plonking down on the mattress. 

I stared at him, hoping he would make the first bit of small talk but instead, he just looked around the room, looking anywhere but at me.

"Aren't you going to say something?" I said really quickly, shocked that it had actually come from my mouth, from my brain. I was freaking out soo badly and all I wanted was comfort but he wasn't giving it to me.

"What?" he replied, once again, rudely.

"Just say something." I said really quickly, getting annoyed with him.

"I don't see why I should be the one who starts the small talk." he said finally catching my gaze but meeting it with a look of annoyance.

"Are you annoyed with me?" I said in disbelief. Why was he acting like this, I hadn't done anything to him.

"No? Really? You think I'm annoyed with you? Well let's have a round of applause for the blonde over there! She really can see past her own selfishness!" he snapped sarcastically.

"What? Why are you acting like this?" I asked. Had I missed something?

"Acting like what? Rude? I wonder who I seem to be acting like? Any names come to mind Candice? Anything that you think could be considered as 'rude'? Because I've got plenty more that I wanna say but at the risk of offending the 'queen' of the vampires as the townspeople are calling you, then I think I might just leave!" he shouted and then left the room, slaming the door behind him.