Chapter XVI

.

.

.

Beep.........

Beep.........

Beep.........

"Shut up already..." I said while turning off the clock alarm while looking at the time.

"Fuck... I slept in. I need to get going if I'm gonna make it to work." With very little and much to my dismay, I slowly sat up on my warm bed and took a big stretch. I really need to stop sleeping in. As I got up from the bed, my eyes landed on the door to the bathroom. Should I take a shower?

"Yea- I DON'T NEED A SHOWER."

"Huh...?"  I felt...weird for a second.

"What just happened...?" I said that I was going to have a shower, but for some reason, I just suddenly said that I didn't need one. Just as I was about to say something, that weird thing happened again.

"Oh well, probably just dejavu."

"...Something's wrong..." I thought to myself while changing into my uniform and making my way out of the apartment. No matter how much I tried to stop myself, I wasn't able to. It's like, I'm not in control of my body, everything around me felt light...?  And, why am I acting like there's nothing wrong?!

"...What's even happening right now...?!"

.

.

.

.

"Look away, look away, look away!" I thought to myself as I stared at a very hunting face of a black-haired guy. Normally I wouldn't make eye contact with anyone else on the bus, but I couldn't move my head. It's like there's something holding my head in place. Do I think his cute?

"YES I DO."

"Wait... What?"

It happened again, saying things that I have no control over. However, I quickly noticed something. Every other time I travel on the bus, it was usually quiet, but today was different. It was filled with hush voices, whispering and distorted tones. And to make it even worse, the familiar person just across from me...his face was different. Both his eyes and smile looked so much bigger, almost too big. When I first it, I honestly wanted to scream, but I wasn't able to. But now that disturbing face was not only gone, but it was also back to normal.

"I need to get off, quickly...!"

.

.

.

.

"Slow day."

"Again..." I thought to myself as I remember that this has already happened before, at least I think. But I do feel somewhat safe here at work, and I'm so very happy that I got off the bus. However, I knew that won't last for long, as someone walked up to me.

"Hi."

"...Hi? How can I help you, sir."

"You smell good."

"Uh... Ok... What can I do for you? Do you need something?"

"Don't you remember me, y/n?"

"W...What? How do you know my name?" I asked him with a shocked tone.

"... My name's-" Just he was to say his name, everything around me changed. The walls moved, and disturbing scenes appeared before me. It was all distorted, the hush and whispers had come back again as well. And before I knew it that all disappear.

"But you can call me John Doe."

.

.

.

(Hi!😁So I know that this chapter is a bit shorter, but that's kind of the point of it. I've been going through low energy kind of thing with myself😥So I'm going to be cutting down on the amount of time that I spent on making these chapters, to help with my problem. I hope that you all can understand🙁)