Ch.42 - Mirror Mirror

This May 11th day I finally finished this devious chapter. Chapter 40 had me stuck but this, this was something else.

So this chap was finished a while ago but it's kinda cool to compare the upload date to the written date. Any who's. Oh Happy Canada Day! Even though that was a few days ago.

I've been in a reoccurring rut. It's called the Patrick Why-Shonda-Why-My-McDreamy Dempsey Rut. He was my first crush at age ten when I started watching Greys (which is crazy. Who lets a ten year old watch that kinda show?) but yeah. Missing my Ferry Boatsmen. And Mark. And Lexie. Izzie. George. Denny. Henry. Heck Addie and Burke. Cristinnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Wow I am theatrical today. Okay.

Shonda. MerDer is not pronounced Murder. Damn it Shonda. Damn it.

Enjoy!
________________________________________

"--And Marly was so funny. You should've seen her Char Bar. The bucket, it just, it flopped to the side and Miss Jenkins--I really like Miss Jenkins--she got so mad at us, but it was just so silly sissy!"

Charlottes wry smile only spread further at the warmth of her sisters buzzing, unknowingly easing her bundled nerves. She's busy combing her fingers thru the tiny ones hair, who keeps repeating 'criss-cross apple sauce' as she sits comfortably in the older Joseph's lap. A braid to match Charlottes.

Her fingers gently pulling strands and rows of silky dark hair from side to side, humming as she does so, feeling strangely content.

"Oh, oh, when I went to Sally's mommy's house, I had three bowls of yogurt all to myself. I finished it before even her brother Stewart did!"

She couldn't help but laugh a little at her sisters adorable combustion of enthusiasm. "Quite the feat there, Moll."

The little one stilled, if only for a moment, cocking her head to the side. "Feet?" A cute innocence to her question.

These were the moments Charlotte would miss. New words, new sights, new thoughts. That's why she had pledged to try and never miss a moment of her little sisters life because these moments were just so fleeting and pass by so quickly, she wouldn't want to regret not being apart of them. "A different word, although you have lovely feet." Molly snickered. "F-E-A-T, not F-E-E-T. Means to over come something, to win."

A hushed "Oh." Passing between her sisters lips. The word being quietly echoed and repeated, mulling it over in thought.

Charlotte slipped a black hair tie from her wrist and soon the tots braid was complete. After having said so, her sister was up within a second, bouncing off of Charlottes bed, dashing into the big open attached bathroom suite. Charlotte grinned as the giggles echoed out of the door, the sound of pitter pattering feet slapping tile floor as, Charlotte assumes, is Molly jumping up and down.

Looking out the window with a light sigh, she's happy to see not a drip of rain. She keeps that window open now, enjoying the flow of air brushing through and finds it calming. Thanks to Robert for introducing her to open Seattle air. She actually is starting to not mind the rain so much. Enjoys the sound of pelts of water hitting the glass pane of the window. Although she does still miss the beaming warmth of sunny Miami skies and the smell of the ocean breeze washing through their home. The home she still can't help but miss when she thinks of it. She wishes... She doesn't know. She doesn't know if she would move back now, given the chance she could. Every time that thought graces her mind, it's almost immediately swept in with Robert's lush lips pressing against her own, the taste of him mixing with hers, the hot breath brushing down the columns of her neck where wet kisses were chastely placed. The firmness of his body pressed to hers, or her hands intertwined with his, the smell of his cologne fading from her clothes, or the press of his heat against her warming ice.