Chapter 30 - Christmas Eve Part 2

Chapter 30 – Christmas Eve Part 2

Lena chuckles at Lori's comment about smelling like her.

"Yes, you do, darling." Lena smiles, lovingly.

Lori, meanwhile, has her own wide smile on her face.

"Come on, why don't I help you get dressed while mommy has her shower, and then I can help you dry your hair properly." Lena says.

"But I did dry it!" Lori pouts, "I dried it with a towel."

Lena chuckles again, and reaches out one of her hands to feel Lori's hair.

"Yes, I can see that." Lena says, "But it's still damp. Let's dry it properly with my hairdryer."

"Okay. But as long as I can have my hair just like yours!" Lori says, cutely.

Lena laughs for a third time.

"You'll have to be more specific, darling. I have worn my hair in multiple different ways." Lena says.

"I want it like when your hair is really straight." Lori clarifies.

"Okay." Lena smiles, "I don't see any problem with that. But that does mean we are going to have to blow dry your hair, and then use my straighter, which I thankfully have brought with me."

"Yes, okay. I want to do that." Lori nods.

"Alright. You get dressed, and then sit on the bed." Lena says, "I'll get my things out to do your hair. But I'm warning you, this is going to take a while. So, if you're not prepared to sit still for probably half an hour, we can't do this."

"I promise to sit still." Lori says.

"Okay then." Lena smiles.

Lori and Lena then both proceed to go about their tasks, with Lori getting dressed into the clothes that Kara has laid out for her, while Lena goes through her bags to get out her hairdryer, straighteners, and some products to put in Lori's hair while straightening it, before and after.

Eventually, Lori sits down on the bed, and Lena goes about her task, and starts to dry the 7-year-old's hair, before moving on to straightening it about 10 minutes later. It is at this point that Kara comes back into the room, and grows a big smile on her face at seeing Lena tending to Lori's hair, and honestly being a bit of a mother towards the young girl. Previously, when Kara was first bonding with Lori, she would have been jealous of Lena having such an interaction with the 7-year-old, but not anymore. Kara knows now, from everything that has happened, including the joking talks with Lena, and the more serious one with Eliza, that she and Lena are meant to be together, and will eventually be married. So, Kara knows that one day Lena will be Lori's other mom, it's just a matter of time.

Kara spends about 5 minutes getting changed, quietly, not wanting to disturb Lena or Lori. The whole time Lori has her back to Kara, as she is sitting on the other side of the bed, and while Kara does talk to Lena and Lori a bit, she keeps the conversation light, not wanting to be a bit of a third wheel. Then, once Kara is dressed, she makes her exit from the bedroom, with a smile on her face, leaving Lena and Lori to it.

About 30 minutes later, Lori comes running down the stairs, joining Eliza and Kara in the living room, with her hair all straight and shiny, just like Lena's.

"Mommy! Look at my hair!" Lori says, excitedly, as she whirls around in front of Kara.

"Ooooo.... It looks nice." Kara smiles, "Just like Lena's."

"Yes. I like Lena's hair." Lori nods.

Kara chuckles.

"I like it too." Kara smiles, before reaching out to Lori, and pulling her onto her lap, "And I like how your hair looks, always."